ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailing

2005 clio
was wondering if someone could give me some tips i ve got a couple of scratches on my wing on my clio not to deep but they wont come out i m using 3 m compound with water and buff but wanted to know if it would help if i didnt use water and just 3 m or would it burn the paint , i also wanted to know if clay bar was anygood and if they had any problems with it :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe research what a claybar does first mate, it's more for removing tree sap/fall out and general contamination not scratches/paint transfer.

Can you tell me what 3M product you're using?

Don't use water mate, that's not doing any good.

Honda & VW
Id like to echo what Gally has said and also ask why you were using water with the 3m product, did someone recommend this to you or something?

You may learn alot from reading through a few threads by the likes of Jimwd or RussZS as I think you need to understand the processes and the order in which they are to be carried out.

Clio 197 RB
Sometimes water is sprayed on to machine polishing pads when it looks as though the polish is drying out.
Won't need water if doing it by hand.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sometimes water is sprayed on to machine polishing pads when it looks as though the polish is drying out.
Won't need water if doing it by hand.

If you use water when polishing you're doing it wrong.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Quick detailer maybe to prime the pad or allow extra work in time, but not water.

Indeed, most times the polish itself is enough to prime the pad.

If you're drying out polish you're not working it correct unless it's fast cut maybe some Farecla which needs a touch of UF ect..

2005 clio
emm thanks and someone recommened using water i take it s just like washing it really then ?