ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnosis required Please...Includes Video.

M140i/Orange 182
Good Evening.

My 182 developed this rather interesting noise a while ago and i'm struggling to get to the bottom of it.

Vid:
th_IMG_0032.jpg

Only Happens when the car is half warm/half cold. (if you get what i mean)Happens when hovering just above 1000Rpm

Goes away once car is up to temperature.

No idea what it is, any thoughts appreciated.

Ps ignore the second sounds at the end, thats just my engine cover.

Thanks

Da

Less
Doesn't sound good!

Sounds like it's the internals of the engine. Can you tell/feel where it's coming from?

M140i/Orange 182
Not really too sure where its comming from tbh,carnt really pinpoint it.

When the cars uto temp it drives fine, pulls fine. No performance lost.

Strange!

RB Clio 182 Cup
I'm no mechanic but hasn't buggered dephaser pulley been blamed in the past as the cause of these sorts of sounds but no performance loss?

ph1 black 172
sounds like something is catching...

like the old skool days when you put some cards on the back of your bike touching the spokes to make it sound like a motorbike as you rode it!!!!(may of just been me)

M140i/Orange 182
Another Question

Is it a case of replacing the dephaser pulley, if so how much does the part cost?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Another Question

Is it a case of replacing the dephaser pulley, if so how much does the part cost?
Just have the big service mate. All of that gets changed aswell as the cambelt. No point just replacing that if its due a belt change anyway IMO.

Megane 225
Dephaser pulley by the sound of it! Don't drive the car! The part is around £100 from Renault and you will need to replace the Cam-Belt as well. If it's been done recently, just replace the belt, as the tensioner etc should be fine.

Just read you're due a belt change, so just do the whole lot. Worth doing the waterpump while you're in there!

M140i/Orange 182
So just to confim, the Dephaser pulley is included in the cambelt kit?

Cambelt has yet to be done yet, car is on 46k circa and is nearly 5 years old.

Will be getting it done ASAP.