ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diamond Brite and Detailing

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
eh ?!

Collinite is a fantastic wax

Pahhh! Worst i've ever used...And i've used ALOT!.

I've always said, detailing is down to preference.

The fact than NO top detailers use it, is enough to stress than it's avg @ best.

Skoda Fabia vRS
how is it average, just because you have spent £200+ on a tub of wax doesnt mean its better

it lasts for AGES........and if i got two identical cars, one done with a £1000 wax and one done with some 476s, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference

ive also used a LOT of waxes lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've not spend 200 on a tub of wax...

It's full of chemicals as i've said. Thats why it's durable. Spk to any professional detailer and they will back up my opinion.

It's crap to apply, hard to buff off, the finish is no where near as good as other soft waxes. Anyone thats interested in there car won't care that it beads for 16wks. They'll re-apply at will.

For the money of collinites there is ALOT better imo.

I revert back to my previous comment, "Detailing is a personal preference!!!"

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't correct me ya weee POOF!, it's pure chemical. Nothing natural about it. it's a lazy man's wax!... Pass!
What's with the name calling? I never said it was natural.

Surely you have read the tests that clearly point out a £15 tub of collinites is as good if not better than bos RG55 ect...

What is wrong with that.

ST
Gotta agree with Alistair here, Collinites is pretty mediocre regardless of cost or durability etc...its 'old money' by any standard.

Swissvax ONYX, christ even chem guys 50/50 pee's all over it.

Skoda Fabia vRS
I've not spend 200 on a tub of wax...

It's full of chemicals as i've said. Thats why it's durable. Spk to any professional detailer and they will back up my opinion.

It's crap to apply, hard to buff off, the finish is no where near as good as other soft waxes. Anyone thats interested in there car won't care that it beads for 16wks. They'll re-apply at will.

For the money of collinites there is ALOT better imo.

i find it a dream to apply, and remove, you must be putting it on too thick you only need a thin layer of it LOL ;)

tell me whats better for the price of Collinite, because i dont see any

also, a lot use it as a winter wax, because no matter how much you bum the tailpipe of your car, sometimes the weather doesnt allow you to apply another coat of wax every week

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's a joke son! Calm down - Don't cry!

I can't see it being better than BOS etc. And what defines better. As said previously. I barely notice a difference between in looks between the ONYX and BOS/SAPHIR. But what is obvious is how easy it is to apply and buff off, imo it's also more durable. Been 4wks now since FCS and it's still lookin great.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i find it a dream to apply, and remove, you must be putting it on too thick you only need a thin layer of it LOL ;)

also, a lot use it as a winter wax, because no matter how much you bum the tailpipe of your car, sometimes the weather doesnt allow you to apply another coat of wax every week

I knew that was coming! "You must apply to thick!" Aye really!! :rolleyes:

Once a month is more than sufficent for waxing. If you want a wax for all yr round by Collinites! lol there you've said it yourself! :rasp:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol you get what you pay for, I believe bos will be an excellent wax to work with, look great and perform excellent.

There isn't better for your money Ali, it's clearly been proven by these proffesionals.

£15 is a great price for a great wax. If I drove a BM or a V6 I probably would have no problem spending money and buying bos or something like SN.

Although Colly is so durable i must admit, theres something about putting on a wax which smells very solventy that disconcerts me.

Yish.

What's with the name calling? I never said it was natural.

Surely you have read the tests that clearly point out a £15 tub of collinites is as good if not better than bos RG55 ect...

What is wrong with that.

Stop getting in a strop you bananarama driving girl ;) He is only voicing his opinion :approve:

Gotta agree with Alistair here, Collinites is pretty mediocre regardless of cost or durability etc...its 'old money' by any standard.

Swissvax ONYX, christ even chem guys 50/50 pee's all over it.

I personally use it on wheels over PBWS.

It does if you have a nice little garage ;)

I knew that was coming! "You must apply to thick!" Aye really!! :rolleyes:

Once a month is more than sufficent for waxing. If you want a wax for all yr round by Collinites! lol there you've said it yourself! :rasp:

You're all wrong, P21s is the best all round wax and that I will stand by to the death.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol you get what you pay for, I believe bos will be an excellent wax to work with, look great and perform excellent.

There isn't better for your money Ali, it's clearly been proven by these proffesionals.

£15 is a great price for a great wax. If I drove a BM or a V6 I probably would have no problem spending money and buying bos or something like SN.

Can't argue over price...Didn't realise it was that cheap. But cost has sweet FA to do with it!! If BOS etc was unbranded i'd still use it!

Look at the other products i use for reference. Chemical guys/Clearkote/Mothers/Megs etc. A number of them could be switched to Zaino, Zymol or Swissvax, but i find they work well for me.

And seeing as we're correcting over spelling. It's "professionals" ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
BOS - £135
ONYX - £45
476s - £16

hardly a fair comparison being made is it, most people dont have the money to spend £135 on a tub of wax

please dont correct anyone until you make no errors yourself, in both spelling and grammar, your posts are full of mistakes

You are missing a full stop at the end of your post, amongst other mistakes, so pipe down! ;) (joke)

its gash for durability, it lasts all of a few days

See, now I do not get this. Mine will last for a good month, without further application?? I no longer use it on the body panels, as I prefer Natty's Blue. But I still use it on the lights and glass.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can't argue over price...Didn't realise it was that cheap. But cost has sweet FA to do with it!! If BOS etc was unbranded i'd still use it!

Look at the other products i use for reference. Chemical guys/Clearkote/Mothers/Megs etc. A number of them could be switched to Zaino, Zymol or Swissvax, but i find they work well for me.

And seeing as we're correcting over spelling. It's "professionals" ;)
Flol spelt it wrong yesterday aswell! c**t!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
BOS - £135
ONYX - £45
476s - £16

hardly a fair comparison being made is it, most people dont have the money to spend £135 on a tub of wax

Ok, i'll give you that

BOS - 51%
ONYX- 30%
476 - Undisclosed

Carnauba content...;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think clean your car do it for £12.50 the now!

I'll be honest and say I was going to get DJ bannana armour for the Puma but I have that much 476 left it feels a little waste of 30 odd quid.

Oh FFS, have you been talking to Paul again? What have I told you about DohDoh??

To refresh your memory;

"The dodo has been extinct since the mid-to-late 17th century.[1] It is commonly used as the archetype of an extinct waxes because its extinction occurred during recorded human history, and was directly attributable to better waxes, hence the phrase "going the way of the Dodo."

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That it was for the yellow of my car and it's a decent priced wax. You don't have to worry I won't be getting it.

I'll stick to my 'cheap' 476 :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'll give you some of the jews finest man fat wax son! Can be used for a number of applications. ;)