ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

Titanium 182
where abouts have you done that? roads around here are bloody awfull at the moment, thats why i have left the m parked up today, i caught a rim last night whilst parking up not happy :(

Just as you get into Leeds mate, was turning left off Burley road to go up by park lane collage was going to pick my bro up from Josephs well cos he was playing a gig and it just went straight forward when I turned haha.
I tried to regain grip but there comes a point where you just give up and wait for the impact !

Really bad in the snow, just taken mine out for the first time since the snow started and it wouldn't move until i took tc off and then wouldn't stop because of ABS.

They're totally crap !
I just moved my mums 1.2 out of the garage and took it down the road to see how bad it was compared to mine and it's like driving a 4x4 :( awesome grip compared ! This snow makes me want a discovery haha !

This snow makes me want a discovery haha !

I think i might have to steal my mates (every other) weekend toy.

Hes making it road legal believe it or not. Lunatic.

8728_177019647944_575207944_2929655_5327215_n.jpg

Just as you get into Leeds mate, was turning left off Burley road to go up by park lane collage was going to pick my bro up from Josephs well cos he was playing a gig and it just went straight forward when I turned haha.
I tried to regain grip but there comes a point where you just give up and wait for the impact !

They're totally crap !
I just moved my mums 1.2 out of the garage and took it down the road to see how bad it was compared to mine and it's like driving a 4x4 :( awesome grip compared ! This snow makes me want a discovery haha !

Josephs well is awesome for a venue!

Titanium 182
I think it's something to do with my tyres the snow problem, they are worn on the inside edge because of my coilovers. Getting the coils fully set up to the tune of £80 and two new front Toyo T1R's once I've been paid.
At least the tyres are only £27 each.

Been snowboarding in Cumbria today, Yad moss. Went in my mates 1.6 leon and it's a good thing we did. There's no way mine would have made it.

4201751202_b6806cdae0_b.png

4201001473_9dafeb5b18_b.png

Last edited:

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
My band never played it but my brothers did.

The well would sell us a book of tickets to sell but as we were a good distance away we could only sell to friends and couldnt really advertise locally.

Its quite mental how the well have no bodies play and NFG lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice, I used to have them on the C2, only bad point was when it rained they significantly lost grip, more so than other tyres. Still, for the money they are the best I have tried.

Titanium 182
Aye they were only £27 each and I get free fitting, I don't drive fast in the wet anyway. :rasp:

I did look at the tread pattern and go, where does the water get out from ? haha

Titanium 182
Hero ! :rasp:

Oh I also emailed the seller on ebay I got my OMP wheel from, it's started to go shiny after like 1 month and I was aware this might happen but wanted to chance it.

They have said to send it back and they will replace/refund. If I get a refund I think I'll get my standard wheel refurbished. As nice as the OMP wheel feels to hold, everyone I give a lift anywhere thinks I'm a t**t. :eek:

TTRS & V50
27 quid is a bargain ! On the 16's i paid 230 for t1-r's, 4 fitted. Significant price hike. Defiantly going to downsize to 15's.

Titanium 182
Cup spoiler secured. (I think) I'll get that sprayed up feb time :) as it's mondial, off a 172 cup.

Good price too!

Titanium 182
Cup spoiler arrived today, mondial blue so needs spraying. Will see when funds allow.

Coilovers are going for full four wheel alignment tomorrow by alignmycar.com then I'm fitting my toyos, considering buying 2 more so I have new all round.

Titanium 182
Before
4256486136_8726fee0ef_b.png

After
4256486490_f2240d681f_b.png

That look alright ?

Also.
4255723699_9678f720f9_b.png

4255723291_6ca79ff544_b.png

Got my tyres fitted too. Coilovers feel much nicer now anyway, and hopefully wont have more uneven tyre wear.

TTRS & V50
You WILL get uneven tyre wear, because the camber isn't the same. Why can't these alignmycar places get the camber the same on the front ? Toe is the same, yes, but camber isn't ?!

Saying that, i don't know weather Ktec has camber adjustment like V-maxx.

Spoiler is nice. Will suit very well.

EDIT: Just looked again and they havn't touched camber, as its only moved a couple degree.

Titanium 182
You're joking ? I paid £90 for that doing...

Edit, ktec has camber adjusting bolts yeah.

Fvcks sake, coilovers are a ball ache, should've just got sportlines.

TTRS & V50
Well IMO. Paying £90 i would expect camber adjustment to be done. -50 on both sides i would says good. But as you can see from the first and the second, its barely changed, so i doubt they even touched it.

Changing the camber is just as easy as the toe, its not as if its hard.

DrRollo, had the exact same problem with this place, i said its wrong to him too.

Also i would imagine camber would be a large contributing factor to uneven tyre wear.

TTRS & V50
Depending on how far away the place is, i would go back and ask to re-do the camber, they shouldn't charge twice, depending on if they actually adjust it in the first place. AS camber adjustment ISN'T apart of tracking. As OEM suspension doesn't have camber adjustment. So if they said they don't adjust it in the first place, you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Titanium 182
I paid for "full 4 wheel alignment" it isn't far but I have a feeling they might argue :(

What's up with the castor ? one is like positive and the other negative. Is that safe ? He gave me the sheet and I didn't really understand it.

TTRS & V50
Yeah but some companies won't touch camber. A 'full geometry' will do everything.

Well ask if they do camber adjustment, ring up as a new customer, don't mention who you are and ask if they do camber adjustment within the '4 wheel alignment', if they say yes, then roll up there and say my camber isn't the same on both sides, which its meant to be.

Caster isn't adjustable on these mate. Can't do anything about that, yeah its perfectly safe.

Not a lot of people would understand it, but i used to work in a bodyshop, so we had to show these to customers when they had new suspension components etc.

172 ph1
good thread mate...its inspiring to see someone with the same car doing all the little tweaks i wana do this year lol!....shame with lack of funds its a nightmare not doing what you want especially with the fact of all 4 tyres and discs and pads all round needing replaced first lol!

320d
You're joking ? I paid £90 for that doing...

Edit, ktec has camber adjusting bolts yeah.

Fvcks sake, coilovers are a ball ache, should've just got sportlines.

Thats why I didn't get coilovers. My sportlines seem good so far, haven't been able to test them properly yet though due to the weather.

I'm sure coilies are far better once properly setup though. I just cba with the hastle.

Titanium 182
I don't get this car.

about a month ago I changed the oil + filter (again) topped it up so that the level on the dipstick was at the top notch exatly.

Now it's about half way between the two notches. Doesn't smell of oil in the car the exhaust tip isn't excessively stained with oil. No signs of headgasket failure. And no visible oil leaks that I can see ?!

What could be causing this ? It's going in for it's belts doing on the 18th is there anything I can ask the Kevs at birchdown to have a look at ?

I'm also only getting 200 miles to a tank, mpg is about 26-28 with a mixture of town and country driving. Sometimes given the beans sometimes nursed.

Confused. Cup spoiler should be sprayed soon though courtesy of BenS 172 :)

Titanium 182
I'm loll'ing because Tom shat himself and I'm guessing that Alex thinks pro race 1.2's in black look s**t on titty ph1's which makes me lol harder !

:lolup:

Might be a bit trivial but was the car on a hill when you dipped the oil? If not it could have been it just settling/burning/purging. Keep an eye on it but resist the need to fill it back up before it gets to the bottom notch.

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
ha .. bet Tom's heart missed a beat for just a sec :D

... you should actually get some just to keep up with him !