ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Different brands of tyres

LY 182
Just wanted to check something as I'm approaching the time to get the car serviced, MOT'd and taxed as well as sorting a few bits.

Just curious about my set up with tyres. I'm running 2 x PE2's at the front with a healthy amount of tread. However at the back I have 1 x Pirelli and 1 x Yokohama. Is this really bad or not that much of a big deal? I somehow managed to get nails in the sidewall of 2 of the tyres as I was running PE2's all round.

If it's a problem I might get some Hankook's all round and sell the 2 PE2's but would prefer to save some cash given the amount I'll need to spend on other bits.

S4 Avant
Even having all 4 tyres being odd won't matter to 99% of the population.

You'll be fine making them last until they need replacing.

Giulietta 940
I had one Bridgestone Turanza and one Michelin PE2 on the rear axle, I can't say I noticed much difference tbh.

Listerine & Poledo
personal preferences really.

I had 3 different brands on mine when I got it, I replaced them in pairs with Conti's as they ran out.

Last edited: