ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Different Direction For The Naughty.

DCi 100
When originally buying the car the front bumper 100% needed respraying, not two ways about it it had acne.

Now I'm faced with a decision on what I do with the car.

Option A -

• - Full RS rep with the wings/skirts I have.
  • - Paint to be sorted including:

• - Bonnet
  • - Front Bumper
  • - Both wings
  • - Doors blended to wings
  • - Both skirts
  • - Sills 3/4 panels blended
  • - Door handles
Would like something like Hutchie's, albeit actually washed:
18189064a10116685020o.jpg

(Cheers for the pic Hutchinson)

Pros:

• - Tidy full Rep refreshed
  • - ?

Cons:

• - I hate having people say "Is that a 172? Is that a 182?"
  • - Getting baited on the roads around Warrington usually
  • - Being something it's not
  • - Alittle over £1,000 to sort paint.

Option B -

• - Facelift non sport bumper
  • - Skirts removed
  • - Paint to be sorted including:

• - Front Bumper
  • - Bonnet
  • - Both wings
  • - Both lower sills and 3/4 panel
  • - Door handles
Unsure weather blending the doors in would be a good idea with this.

(Excuse the yellow, just a bi product of the photoshop)
nzfoy.jpg

(Photo robbed from F0xeh)

Pros:

• - Back with no fake bumpers/bodykit - Excluding rear bumper
  • - Hopefully alittle more suitable, less of an imitation
  • - Less of an issue with front spacing with the bumper going inwards as it goes down
  • - Can sell all my splitters and bumpers etc and have the money from the parts towards paint excluding new front bumper
  • - Possibly a touch less than Option A paint wise loosing the skirts.

Cons:

• - It's new for the Naughty, unsure weather it will look good
  • - Won't be seen as JD's old car anymore - Or is that a Pro?
  • - ?

Option C -

• - Leave the skirts cracking
  • - Respray the RS front bumper
  • - Cup splitter on

IMG_8028.jpg

(F0xy's pic again - Thank you)

Pros -

• - Cheapest option
  • - No more parts needed - Can sell the full 182 kit I have atm.
  • - Would only respray the front bumper + door handles.

Cons -

• - I simply wouldn't be happy
  • - Car would be a mess
  • - Still a dodgy fit on the front bumper
  • - Still look like an RS to the average joe and would get what that brings
Can see from the Pro's and Con's which one I'm swaying towards.

Any opinion listen to,

Alex

Merc A class
Im not even going to read that

Make a full replica new rims on and your laughing mate

Awesome car!

Last edited:
  DCi 100
Oh I have a set of silver Turini's to go on, for anyone that doesn't know lol. Weather I should get them done in black eventually? Run them for abit.

Non of this will happen to the end of April or so to dodge all the turd weather and muck on the roads, to keep it well for summer.

M2 Competition
Anthracite 182 wheels would look tidy. If due to age you plan to keep it for a few years before moving on, get it sorted so that you're happy. I can see you like detailing and having your car tidy, do it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
do a propper rep, naughty 182 would be sweet. just cos you get baited dont mean you have to do anythin. i think we should see what turini's look like on the eurobus

M135i
You thought bout trying to make it abit euro mate ? doing the right things as im sure you would do and it would look mint euro'd out.

If not then full respray to get it looking a rep. :rasp:

DCi 100
do a propper rep, naughty 182 would be sweet. just cos you get baited dont mean you have to do anythin. i think we should see what turini's look like on the eurobus

Sure, I'm off all week bit working sun/mon/wed/Friday night. They haven't got legal tires on though so will be Thursday before I get them wraped in T1R's. Bit of a piss take as two were supposed to have 'good tread' on them but lesson learnt, work in measurements not opinions!

Money is not object, it's just a matter of if it's actually worth it! As I'll either be at uni next year or gettin a basic wage.

DCi 100
I like the euro look but would have to put properly loads of money into it to make it different with insane wheels etc.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Euro look is class, but very expensive. I was going to stick a facelift front bumper on mine to save on the cost of painting wings ect, but then i realised i'd end up wanting a sport front end a couple of months down the line anyway. Has to be repped imo.

DCi 100
It's like £1200 to get it into a full rep though.

That's money I could just spend on a 182 or trophy after another 2/3 years.

I need to get a coil pack and sort the drivers door lock out aswell :/

Charged Superleggera
i was in your shoes when i cracked my bumper last winter but in the end i decided to bite the bullet and make a full rep and i havent regreted it. the wider sport wings and spacers make a massive difference, especially when decked. makes the car look alot wider, meaner and gives it more of a presence on the road.

Charged Superleggera
also dont go down the euro route as non of the clio's i have seen have managed to pull it off properly imo.

DCi 100
I have a set of 25mm spacer to wack on if I get the wings.

I hate how the 172 wheels sit spacing wise, I even hate how they sit on a proper 172 but Jonff's with turini's on each look really good IMO so will see what it's like with them on.

The car as a whole doesn't feel that great, chuckable easily and light but it feels handicaped. Like it's still extremely sore the day after the gym and can't put any form of performance out, the niggles of a 1.2 eh!

I won't go euro dude tbh.

Charged Superleggera
30mm spacers are perfect. me, brembo and plummer all have thave them and imo they give a perfect stance to suite the wings. the larger spacers will also improve handling.

haha yeh i know what you mean mate. i feel the same way regarding the performance but i think some stripage, lighter wheels, good exhaust system will give you some good gains.

DCi 100
Not interested in any gains from a 1.2 dude. Prospeeds are nice but I couldn't face screaming past peopw high up in revs when having very little performance getting put on the road - IMO anyways.

I had no rear interior in it while I was putting the new stuff in and was ok, not something I'd like perminantly even if I haven't had back seats for two weeks. Mind I don't really have friends to go in there so be reet.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Keep it as it is. Spend nothing on it. In a couple of years get a RS if you still want one. £1,200 is alot of money and hard to come by. Car looks good as it is. Just work on the interior for a bit.

BMW E36 328
id go for the rep alex, you 3/4 of the way tere and your new wheels will finish off the job nice, and even tho your not to keen a exhaust would be a great addition

320d
Go for the full rep Alex. Get the turini's on and it will be looking superb. The PH2 172 wheels just don't do it for me.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well, if i was you i would wait till you get all your uni offers back and decide whether your going to go or not first before spending your cash.

If you decide to do anything id go the rep route.

My brothers old rep, this car was perfect.

IMG_3700_fhdr.jpg

IMG_3655_fhdr.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

DSC05965.jpg

Black Clio GT
im not a massive fan of reps but they seem to hold there money ie the 1200 or so you put into it i would expect you to get at least 75% of it back when selling.

if it was mine i would be putting standard bumpers on, taking off the skirts and finish of the interior but thats cos i like the oe looks of 1.2s (like mikes, its not trying to be somthing its not) then start saving up for a proper 1*2.

DCi 100
1. how old are you?
2. how long do you plan on having the car?
3. how much do you earn a month?

No idea, but I'm craving for something bigger already but no chance till about 3 years away.
Circa 250/300 spare cash after all expenses each month

Well, if i was you i would wait till you get all your uni offers back and decide whether your going to go or not first before spending your cash.

If you decide to do anything id go the rep route.

My brothers old rep, this car was perfect.

Near perfect, but too high! :D

Aye would be the smart thing, that could be June/July though so there's no rush there. Would like it sorted for FCS though. Options wise atm I could be anywhere or no where at all if I don't get anything accepted.

I've got a good amount of money aside for next year anyways even if I do this to the car.

Thanks for comments guys, still have no idea.

M135i
You have any problems with 25/30mm spaces ? currently got 5mm i think which do bugga all now the archs are wider but im just worried about scrubbing with it being so low. You had any problems ?

DCi 100
The 15mm's are on all corners at the moment, not scrubbing at all, but running no archliners in the front.

Tbh I think the spacing sucks as it is. Side on it looks reet but front a shallower angle doesn't do anything for me at all, the look like they're hiding. Same with Jord's rear wheel in that photoshopped pic, same with all the standard 172's on PH2 alloys at the back. Annoys the life out of me! :eek:

Would only need 25mm spacers on the front if I got the wings, as I'm pretty sure Turini's have a higher offset than 172 alloys?

TBH I'd rather have the car higher and spaced more than lower and have problems with the arches and have the wheels hiding.