ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital Camera Questions

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Good Evening,

I have a Canon 900Ti 10MP camera and have a couple of questions:

1). Should I always take the photo on the best quality setting (meaning each file is around 6Mb)?

2). If I take a picture on the best quality setting does it mean the shutter is open for longer?

Thanks in advance :)

1) if you have the space go for it, if you don't and don't want to print bigger than 6x4's you won't notice the difference.

2) shutters opens for longer to let in more light, file size won't affect this; so nope.

Not a Clio
Depends what you are doing with the images, you could set the camera resolution the same as your pc screen so that you can view them full screen without scrolling.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Ok thanks guys. I might get some of my shots printed if they come out ok (Off to NYC on Tuesday so hope to get a few decent shots).

I want a DSLR :( lol

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
get a big 2GB card. point and shoot cameras are brilliant!

i love my dslr to bits but i still have the good old trusty point and shoot with me at all times!

6MB is about right to be honest, my pictures with a 6mp camera are 5mb!

happy snapping!

get a big 2GB card. point and shoot cameras are brilliant!

i love my dslr to bits but i still have the good old trusty point and shoot with me at all times!

6MB is about right to be honest, my pictures with a 6mp camera are 5mb!

happy snapping!

on my 400d they are anywhere from 2.5 mb to about 5 so far

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I currently have a 1Gb and a 2Gb SD card and also have got a spare battery. If I run out of space I could always buy another out there. Thanks for your help guys! :)