ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disposing of old car seats

306 GTI-6
I have an old set of seats to dispose of, as its not worth the hassle of selling them for the paltry amount I would get for them, and just wondered if there was some special way of disposing of them. Can i just take to my lcal waste disposal site? They have side airbags fitted.

RB 182 Cup
what seats are they? If you took them to the tip they'll probably say no car parts. Dunno if a scrappy would take them

306 GTI-6
lol, nearest scrappy to me is over an hours drive away. They are some grey velour 5 door Pug 306 seats, very fetching, i dont think lol

council run waste places moan about car parts. Some scrap yards will take them. I always scrap my seats at scrap yards. But if its to far then just cut them up with an angel grinder and put them in black bins :)

A4 Avant
I was going to say put them in your local free paper as for sale for free, someone shall take em off ya hands.

306 GTI-6
ebay! someone will want them! say pick up only and get a few quid :)

I dont get that much spare time off from my job, so dont really want to be waiting in for someone to turn up. Plus living where I am, not really that close to major city, limits the amount of people who would prob collect them. I dont really have the space to store them either, hence disposing of them. Trip to the scrappy it is then lol.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Put them out side your house with a cheap padlock & chain combo, pikeys love anything thats locked up, be gone by the time your back throguh your front door lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
turn them into furniture,
then take them to the tip
then claim theyre household waste not car parts :p
tbh, sum1 on ebay will probaby give you £10 for them,
just arrange a time for them to get them
sunday or something

306 GTI-6
Thanks for the responses guys, but as said previously. I dont want to sell them, I want to dispose of them for the reasons stated. Was just wondering if anyone knew where I could do that.

www.renparts.co.uk
rip the foam etc and take that to the tip and put it in non recyclable, then chuck the frames in the scrap metal thing.