ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diving into TDC sensor....?

Clio Sport 172
My172 been problamatic the last week where it turns over but not firing, cleaned the TDC sensor and it worked fine for a fewdays...TDC? So I cant afford to have it put on the diagnostics at Renault, so I am going to get the TDC sensor and the loom @ £56 of the both, do you think that wil sort the prob?

Clio Sport 172
what relays do i check? About £70 to put it on the computer! do I have to use genuine Renault parts, or can I use one from a motofators?

Clio Sport 172
when i get the TDC sensor tommorow, i remember reading something about Reno upgrading the connector and it not being black anymore but now blue, is that correct?

rps13
yeah, they give you a section of loom to solder in with the new clip on, about £23.

easy f**king peasy dude.

Clio Sport 172
replacd batt n.and tdc sensor,stil no joy,turnin but not firing! Any ideas, read something bout unpluging something 4 10 mins to clear any faults, what is this?

185lb/ft dCi
did renault upgrade the connectors on all models including dci's? going to renault in abit and i dont want them to sell me the old one if theres a new type.

sorry to hijack the thread

SQ5
I had this problem mate, is your fuel pump priming? I had an earth wire loose which was and earth to the fuel pump and diagnostics port. Get a code reader and plug it in, if it displays "connect error" or something along them lines I'm 99% sure its that earth.

Couldn't tell you were it is exactly but its onto the back of the block!

Clio Sport 172
when i was messing arount with it on sat i checked for spark but there was nothing and the plugs were bone dry, i know theres a relay that controls both fuel pump and sparks, so that could be at fault! I cleaned all relays and wd40'd hem all,did the self diagnostics on it, cleard the fault codes t and h and it started run for a while and wouldnt start again..mad! I am also having issues with my immob not disarming when trying to start it(red light keeps flashing, need a new key), when i put key in ignition and try to start it,if i get the red light flashing i wil stil turn it to start it hold it there and there is a hesitation and it wil turn over and start, as if it has registered and disarmed even tho the light initially flashes! So after messing around getting a understanding of how the car works i am possibly putting my starting issue down to the immob?

Skoda Fabia vRS
if its not a key fault, it could possibly be a faulty UCH, your looking at £200 for the part plus fitting and setup at the dealers

Clio Sport 172
ok, what is the UCH, and where is it? Am I right in thinking that the ECU is the engine management? Also where is that to?