ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

I also need the two bits circled in red from a ph2 if anyone can help me?

aaaaa.jpg

Many.
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

I might have those bits, I'll have a look at some point, hella busy atm though!

I might have those bits, I'll have a look at some point, hella busy atm though!

Good man! We need to sort a man date for the dash swap too, see if we can fully wire the lot!

well if you can fully wire the lot lol

Ph2 Guru's help needed,

Went to fit the rear seat belts from a ph2 to my ph1.
Ph2 belts appear to have pretensioners, ph2 belts dont seem to want to be able to pull the belt out.
Ph1 has no wiring for the pretensioner.

Do some ph2's have seat belts with out pretensioners? If so Im guessing I need a set of them not the belts i have?

If yes and yes, does anyone have any?

Right now im much annoyed at the car lol.

Many.

Just leave pre-tensioners unplugged. You're not pulling the seatbelt with the holder held in the correct angle. Bolt it up and it'll pull no problem.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Oh look, Alex just told you the same as me. Believe us now biatch?

They dont even want to fit though, I spent a good 30minutes pissing around with them.

Thats alot of time for someone like me to concentrate.

Could really do with a picture of them fitted as I just cant see how the go in lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Put up a pic of them. You're making me concerned for when I come to fit mine!

Many.

They're from a cup, most likely to fit lol.

I'm half tempted to just come fix it for you, still struggling on the black DCi's mileage.

Bit late for pics, I'll try fit them tomorrow again.

How I let something with one bolt defeat me I don't know, I'm changing in my old age!!!

Many.

Failure to mention me.

When are you going to do the dash swap?

Failure to mention me.

When are you going to do the dash swap?

Major fail there, i should know your username by now :eek:

I dont actually know when I will do it tbh, as soon as the rest of the ph2 interior is in I will be wanting to do it.

I guess I could swap the dash and leave the wires to you, or would you rather do it when you have access to the entire loom?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Bit late for pics, I'll try fit them tomorrow again.

How I let something with one bolt defeat me I don't know, I'm changing in my old age!!!

Thats because it's not meant to be mate. The car is telling you to keep it ph1. I don't know how many times I've got to say it.

Last edited:
  Many.

Mots because it's not meant to be mate. The car is telling you to keep it ph1. I don't know how many times I've got to say it.

I feel like swearing at you, as you've just sworn, how dare he keep the interior Ph1, its horrible!

Dan is just being a numpty, guarenteed. If I get my hands on it, I'll magic touch it and fix it.

Mots because it's not meant to be mate. The car is telling you to keep it ph1. I don't know how many times I've got to say it.

I feel like swearing at you, as you've just sworn, how dare he keep the interior Ph1, its horrible!

Dan is just being a numpty, guarenteed. If I get my hands on it, I'll magic touch it and fix it.

It is meant to be, and it will happen when I manage it.

Alex Im not writing off the idea that they will work, but im pretty confident they dont work.

I have Bens and Shanes cars at mine tomorrow, they dont know it yet but Im going to investigate this and get to the bottom of it lol

If they were to fit/work I honestly cant see how I am yet to manage it! How many times have you seen me actually give up so far on doing something? And yes I am still pissy about them not fitting lol.

Last edited:

Finished fitting the ph2 interior today.

First up a massive thanks to scaryopa for letting me swap my belts (he only needs the front as has bucket seats) for his 182 ones so I could fit them.
Secondly cup rear seat belts fit nothing but a cup, that is fact! ;)
And third, I would like to thank AlexW and Djw John for your moral support with my seat belt issues, personal highlight you telling me to crash my car to make the belts work :eek:

Anyway

The plastics and carpets are from a cup, becauseracecar.
Seat belts and Seats from 182.

Door cards fitted, with ph1 grab handles.
IMG_3994.jpg

Standard speakers fitted, even in there dented state they are much better than the previous ones. I dont know what it is about clio owners that make them swap the door speakers for utter s**t, Ive had 3 clio's now with shitty cheap door speakers!
IMG_3995.jpg

Carpets removed,
IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

Then the finished prouduct, still missing a few bits. And obviously I still need to change the dash!
IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

Alloy foot rest.
IMG_4001.jpg

Random car picture.
IMG_4002.jpg

At the same time; hiben1 serviced his car, scaryopa removed his rear seats and faffed about, we also had a BBQ :eek:
IMG_3999.jpg

Things I didnt mention,
Removed spacers from seats for epic low seatness
Re-wired seat so air bag lights dont appear
Swapped hand brake to ph2 one

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Flol, it's been emotional!! So the 182 ones worked fine then? Good, I'll do mine soon then!

Yes they do, basically if they have a pre tesnioner on them they dont work.

Your car could look as cool as mine lol, just gota get the dash in now!

Im also too old for this s**t now, sitting at home on a saturday night basically asleep becuase I did abit of work on some cars today :(

Many.

Still don't believe you.

I realised I never replied about dash. I don't want the dash in to do it, it'll be easier with it out. You need to work out when you want to do it!!!!

Looked like a fun day, and our group text gave me many lulz.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

No neither do I! Fit them to a ph2 and get them working, unplug the pretensior and tell us what happens.

I enjoyed the double teaming Alex, I think Dan secretly enjoyed being in the middle too ;)

Many.

Lmfao.

Dan loves getting a pounding from both sides...

Is that taking it too far?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Flol!! Sometimes the truth hurts. Not as much as a double pounding but hurts nonetheless.

You two find yourselves too funny!
AlexW how about friday? Im thinking we might need part of a ph2 loom tbh to match the plugs up?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

We're frickin hilarious ;)

Are you just talking about the heater plugs? Robs guide says what is what

Alex wants to make the whole thing work, every single button I think. I cant remember what we actually planned to do lol, but it will be the best ph2 dash conversion everrrr

He likes wires and stuff

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

All my buttons work. Just not necessarily with what is printed on them!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

I always thought a standard ph2 conversion has every button working? It's not exactly like there are many.

I always thought a standard ph2 conversion has every button working? It's not exactly like there are many.

Mine haven't, purely because the two I've done have been in track styled cars. this car is different and i want it to be done 100% properly. Like not noshing the hazard switch with glue, just use the ph2 item instead just re wire it! Well that's what I hope we manage to do.

Many.

You two find yourselves too funny!
@AlexW how about friday? Im thinking we might need part of a ph2 loom tbh to match the plugs up?

Mine haven't, purely because the two I've done have been in track styled cars. this car is different and i want it to be done 100% properly. Like not noshing the hazard switch with glue, just use the ph2 item instead just re wire it! Well that's what I hope we manage to do.

I think I have a full ph2 loom to steal from.

I plan to get it spot on.

Many.

I'll get back to you on that, Unless you want to come to mine, I'm too busy with my Clios.

Tempting fate if the wiring goes wrong? lol

No rush mate! I could always rip the old dash out at mine and drive it down dashless to you.

Many.

Dash-less driving would be extreamly funny!

Give me a couple of days, and some sleep, and I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the seat Removal Dan, also the Stereo and the Mirror caps :) oh yeah and the bbq. Was loving the 90s Anthems CD you left in the stereo on the way home :)

The ph1 is looking much better now, just need the dash swapping and will look sweet!

You now have parts of yet another clio in yours lol

Thanks for the seat Removal Dan, also the Stereo and the Mirror caps :) oh yeah and the bbq. Was loving the 90s Anthems CD you left in the stereo on the way home :)

The ph1 is looking much better now, just need the dash swapping and will look sweet!

You now have parts of yet another clio in yours lol

That CD is proper good! Was in the black ph1 when I got it, gutted i forgot to take it out lol

No worries mate! Good to see you as always :) My clio's always end up a cross breed of the previous ones ive had :eek: