ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I have an alarm?

Might be a dumb set of questions, but I've only owned classic minis so bear with me...

I got a 182 few weeks back. I have a flashing light in dash when fully locked up. I have a little black thing off my keyring.

How to identify if my alarm is present and working and same with immob?

Cheers guys. Sorry if common questions.

Clio 182
Smash a window and see if it goes off?

Sorry I have no idea... you could leave a window open lock your car and wave your hand around to break the motion beam?

Clio 172
Smash a window and see if it goes off?

Sorry I have no idea... you could leave a window open lock your car and wave your hand around to break the motion beam?

Even easier, put down window, get out of car, shut door, lock car. Put your hand inside the car, and open the door (will require 2 pulls of the handle)

That will set the alarm off

Changes to often
does it have a viper sticker in the window or and alarm horn under the bonnet?

Eny

R26
Have a look under the bonnet for an alarm horn.

Was you car an import? Mine was and didn't come with an alarm as standard. Had to have one retro fitted.

Looking for 182
You SHOULD have an alarm, if you don't that is pretty damn dodgy! It could be the interior sensors are disabled

My 182 doesn't have an alarm, it's one of those import ones, which I still don't fully understand as it was first registered in the UK.

I don't have the alarm LED by the gearstick or sensors on the A Pillars?? Should I be worried??lol

It just means you don't have an alarm. As long as your insurance company knows that then you're fine.

BG Clio 182 FF
I wasn't told it was an import, had no idea until reading some posts on here and realising I didn't have the LED ! Insurance company haven't said anything about it being an import and I couldn't see anything in the log book.. I thought it was a standard 182 so had standard fitted alarm so didn't say it hasn't got one (only bought the car 3 weeks ago) bit frustrating really !

are they easy enough to get retrofitted? Does anyone know rough cost?