ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I stick with the Miltek or go PMS?

Clio RS182
Guys,
Quick one really. I've come into a bit of money and had all ready been thinking of changing my miltek for a PMS system. Mine is decat + resonated at the mo and sounds good but i'm looking for a sweeter sound from the exhaust, not fussed with noise levels really.
Would love to hear some clips of the PMS, there quite few and far between.
Thoughts?

Cheers, Tom

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have a miltek just like yours and also have driven a trophy for 3 hours with a PMS exhaust (with the PMS sports cat package) and am really very impressed by the pms system. It is just like the miltek when just pottering about or in the motorway doing 70 - fairly quiet and doesnt drone. It has a fantastic note when accelerating though, gets loud and throaty. The design of it is great too, very light - much lighter than a miltek . The tips I am not too keen on though.

Clio RS182
Yeah, I'm not keen on the tips tbh. Thing is my miltek sounds pretty good when your flooring it. I'm sort of trying to justify the money... Without driving one or hearing one it's really tough.

Teg
I fitted my PMS exhaust with sport cat just over a couple of months ago and I've got fairly mixed reviews. The quality is fantastic all fits together perfectly and aligns with the rear bumper perfectly. The Audi exhaust mounts which it uses are fantastic and pretty much solid.. No longer get melted exhaust trims like I used to with the standard exhaust and mounts on track. For me the tips are perfect as I love slash cut.. Absolutely hate rolled out tips but then again Millteks rolled in tips don't look bad. I've got 3.5" tips which are perfect size for the rear bumper. The only thing I'm not a massive fan of is the sound... Noise level is perfect, nice burble on idle, quiet when plodding round town, very little drone on motorway and absolutely roars when booting it lol. It's just how it sounds is what I don't particularly like.. Don't hate it but don't love it but in fairness I don't think it's down to the exhaust I think it's more down to me as I don't like the sound of any exhaust on a Clio 182 full stop. I'm a Ford man so after coming from Fiestas and 5 pot Focus' I don't think I'll be happy no matter what exhaust I had on my Clio.