ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you think...

A clifford alarm will add alot of weight to my cup? Im serious! theres alot of wires and things isnt there?

Thanks in advance for all sensible and non sensible replies.

Not as much wiring as you think.. the siren bnox is wireless.. all wires go to the main bit which is hidden somewhere.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 01 August 2003

Not as much wiring as you think.. the siren bnox is wireless.. all wires go to the main bit which is hidden somewhere.
the siren still needs power

Revels Mum & Sister

Hi ya mate

Because they are Cat 1 Alarms (concept 300 etc) the brain is encased in a metal box!!! However even with all the Loom and the sensors. It doesnt weight enough to make a difference to performace dont worry!!

Thanks guys, my cup is turning into a some kind of woman worrying about her weight! "Will this alarm make me fat" shes being saying to me. :p

dont buy a clifford they are w4nk, whenever we have a car in at work with an alarm fault its always a fecking clifford!!!!!! hyped up crap if you ask me go for a cobra/toad etc instead

Ive got a clifford concept 300 and two of my brothers have both got clifford concept 600s and between us weve never had a problem.

I think it is more than likely down to the installer of the alarm, than the actual alarm!

all were installed by reputable audio and security dealers(wouldnt be a crap job in a beemer, most owners make sure its a big well respected fitter) just goin on my experience of them i wouldnt own one myself(particularly the gay speaking ones "armed" etc, oh dear :cry:)

172loony,

i take it that GAP installed these alarms then?

Ive a clifford alarm and over the 3 yrs ive had it installed its not caused one problem for me or the car, now it is as said, down to the installer, i will have to say that whoever installed said alarms to the ones in your car park is a to55er!

finished!! :D

Tony

I should state for kartman, that i would rather have an extra 5lbs than no car, i think that sums up what you wanted to know ;)

Tony

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by kartman on 01 August 2003

A clifford alarm will add alot of weight to my cup? Im serious! theres alot of wires and things isnt there?
Why would you want to do this???

The standard setup is Thatcham cat1 so good enough.

You wont get any insurance discount for doing it.

Will cost you a few hundred quid for no real gain.

etc...