ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Email From webmaster@msn.com

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
I just received an email (in my junkmail folder in hotmail) from webmaster@msn.com, and it said in the "To:" line "alan@cliosport.net"!

The content of the email read as follows...

"The Simple Life:

View Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie video clips , pictures & more ;)
Download is free until Jan, 2006!

Please use our Download manager."

My computer has been dodgy ever since I downloaded the... nah joking im not that stupid!

What a weird email? Reminds me of my mates Uncle in America, who worked for Microsoft and emailed bill gates p**n! he was sacked!

How could I have an email from the msn webmaster, and going to a cliosport address!?

Weird eh?

_phil

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
S2 PTH said:
Reminds me of my mates Uncle in America, who worked for Microsoft and emailed bill gates p**n! he was sacked!

PMSL!

Sorry can't help, seems pretty strange, I would just delete it.

Oh, looking thru all my junk in detail, ive got loads of these kind of emails...
all differnt things, all related to p**n tho!
ALL SUPOSEDLY TO CLIOSPORT.NET USERS!

wtf is going on? first of all, how come its come from such high up email adds, and secondly how come its got something to do with CSport!

Ah ha, ive had one from - dan@cliosport.net, and that was sent to ex-smtp@cliosport.net, saying...

hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why?!
in the last days ive got some mails. i' think thaz your mails but im not sure!

plz read and check ...
cyaaaaaaa

is this what started it all off?

The addresses are spoofed, really easy to do. If you check the header you'll see where it really came from. In Outlook Express, right click message, properties. Details Tab..

Sent : 22 November 2005 02:52:42
To : michael@cliosport.net
Subject : Your Password

WTF? for a start, y is this going to my inbox (im guessing its only for the area reps) and secondly, how is it being sent from such "important" email adds?

IM really confused here

Spoonie said:
The addresses are spoofed, really easy to do. If you check the header you'll see where it really came from. In Outlook Express, right click message, properties. Details Tab..
oh right ok. y dont people do that when they send emails saying "We have to pay for hotmail now, unless u open this virus inflicted file..." might make them more believable then!

Aust1n said:
yeah he was a pretty cool guy. His name was Brian, but he had long hair and wore shorts everywhere and smoked Jays everyday! needles to say my drug addicted mate liked his uncle!

S2 PTH said:
oh right ok. y dont people do that when they send emails saying "We have to pay for hotmail now, unless u open this virus inflicted file..." might make them more believable then!
Its easier to setup a crappy yahoo/hotmail account and spam from that than using a SMTP relay, changing the MAIL FROM: address..

None
No real hotmail e-mails would get sent to the junk folder. They wont allow it - ive tried myself lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah I've had LOADS of these emails today... am reckoning some new, very easily detectable, virus is out and about.

Megane Mk4
S2 PTH said:
What a weird email? Reminds me of my mates Uncle in America, who worked for Microsoft and emailed bill gates p**n! he was sacked!

Dont suppose you know bills email addy ??? ... Would like to get a very very long list of my chest with that guy .... And send him some more p**n!!!

Heheee ... let him sack me! pmsl :D :clown: ;) :approve: :cool: