ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy fitting bonnet

Renault Clio 1.2
So basically I've got a problem with my bonnet ( well more than 1), and that problem is it sits higher on one side than the other this can be seen either looking at it head on or even from the side (passenger), the gap is rather big. The bonnets been like this a while now but it's really starting to bug me. The last owner was my mother in law and she told us that it was down to some family-friend "mechanic" who left a spanner in there and jarred it?
could this be a part of the problem.

Passenger side pictures below:
image_zps76f0a63a.jpg

image_zps534d09ff.jpg

image_zpsd931b05b.jpg

And drivers side how it should sit:
image_zps72851909.jpg

Many thanks :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Does it look like the bonnets bent , is there any physical evidence ? There are 2 round black rubber stops , one on either side , just behind the headlight as you can see in the pic . These can be screwed up or down to help the bonnet sit better . It might be worth trying that .
BONNETADJUSTER.jpg

clio dci , ren8
They are only adjustable on sport models for some strange reason :boring: non sports just have rubber buffers .

Renault Clio 1.2
Well that explains why mine just kept turning then must be something else I can try, part from new bonnet/hinges?

Beaten up 182
I have the same problem on my 182. The height adjusters on the slam panel aren't the answer, if the bonnet isn't sitting on them lowering them isn't going to make any difference.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Well it's got a ph3 front grill so probably been hit and bent at some point.

Renault Clio 1.2
It has been in an accident a long time ago before we aqquired it and before my mother in law got it. As I need to replace front slam panel at some point. Could maybe the bonnet hinges be a possible cause?

Beaten up 182
I did have a play with the hinges. You have forward, back, left and right adjustment but nothing to alter the height.