ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Ph1 Speedo, help.

Ph1 Flamer
I've got a 2000 X-Plate Ph1.

Just recently the speedo has been knocking off, then it just starts working again.

Any idea's on what the problem could be?

Where is the pick up for these?

Any help would be a great, cheers.

1.4 16v Clio
This was happening to my clio when I first got it, Mine was the speedo sensor gettin a bit of damp in it when it was washed etc. as its in a nit of an exposed position.

Hope that helps...

Ok i tried on sunday, located it easily enough, but the damn thing i could get out of its casing on the gear box! Anybody already done it got any deas????

Ok i tried on sunday, located it easily enough, but the damn thing i could get out of its casing on the gear box! Anybody already done it got any deas????

squeeze the sides and pull it out.

There was a piece of metal in the way so i couldnt get my hand to the side where the tang things press into the housing? by any chance has it been put in the wrong way around? Could this be causing my speedo problems?

Not the silver casing, theres an bit of metal, I thing part of the gear box in the way, i'm coming from the top to change it btw. Would it be easier from below?