ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this contain a cutting-agent?

Clio 197
Pledge natural furniture polish.

I'm dead serious too! :S

I've always used it on my motorcycles... I'm just wondering if it's causing any damage.

Oms.

106 GTi
No it wont cut, all my bike owning mates swear by and use it to (or Mr Sheen!), be better off using a quick detail spray instead though

Clio 197
I'm getting my Duke next week...

I had a look at the paint on it in the showroom - they've been using a duster on it and it looks horrendous. I was shocked!

I plan to keep it clean with pledge, but only if it won't spoil the finish of a PC job..

Which brings me to the next bit... Will PC'ing it be an easy-enough job? (main panels).

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/jpeg/311/11918304.jpeg

No experience of pledge on paint lol could you not just maintain with 'proper' products. SHould be good to pc with a 4 inch pad set!!

Clio 197
LOL!

Well... it leaves a nice layer of wax.. and I can spray it over everything (incliding black plastics etc).

It deffo needs a PC tho... :(

106 GTi
Done a few bikes with the PC, stickers make them difficult normally though. Only part you can really use the PC on properly is the tank. $ inch spot pads are a must as Mark says.

Seriously ditch the Pledge for a quick detail spray will do the same job but safer.

Clio 197
Does it have a bit of wax in it? If not, what can I use on the lower-parts (being naked & italian, the engine casing etc may get corroded).

106 GTi
Both the above are used on dry paint. Never tried the Turtle Wax.

The Optimum Spray wax is durable as hell, so a worthy buy.