ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does traction control fully switch off? (Clio 182)

Clio 182
Took my 182 for it's first track day this weekend at Ruapuna in New Zealand, the car performed immaculately and showed up a lot of more powerful cars, thought one thing I noticed was even after turning traction control off (triangle ESP light) I was still noticing some skipping in the power in some corners when I was really pushing it. Does turning traction control off completely turn it off, and if not is there a way to fully turn it off? If it does fully turn off, any ideas why it would behave like this? (maybe the standard diff struggling to find grip?) Cheers!

It turns the traction control off but as you say it still feels like something is still interfering, could be stability control maybe. Just pull the ABS fuse if you want full control, but i warn you it does become more of a handful as the bias goes 50/50.

Teg
Traction control just limits wheel spin during acceleration.. This is what you turned off.

ESP is another safety feature which uses traction control and ABS.. If the car thinks it's experiencing a skid or slide and it knows this due to various sensors and steering angle input ESP will start to interfere. This is what your feeling and can't be fully turned off (to my knowledge).

Traction control just limits wheel spin during acceleration.. This is what you turned off.

ESP is another safety feature which uses traction control and ABS.. If the car thinks it's experiencing a skid or slide and it knows this due to various sensors and steering angle inpu
Unless you unplug the sensor under the handbrake....( lateral get sensor)
This disables TC and ESP
I know this because mine is broken.....[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Does this disable the abs as well and give 50/50 bias?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I always switch the T/C off even if i'm going down the shops, always have, my 172 has never interfered in my driving even on track when i'm correcting understeer with a bit of lift off oversteer, only the abs kicks in if I fully lock up.

RB Clio 182
I always switch the T/C off even if i'm going down the shops, always have, my 172 has never interfered in my driving even on track when i'm correcting understeer with a bit of lift off oversteer round a corner, only the abs kicks in if I fully lock up.

This is why I thought it fully switched off, ive got quite a bit more power than standard and when I turn the tc off and go for a spirited drive I have never felt anything other than my asshole twitch.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The button in my 172 does nothing, is it permanently on or permanently off?

RB Clio 182
Does it show a light on the dash when switched off?

When you start the car its automatically turned on with no light, press the button and the light appears which means you have turned it off, when you turn the car off and back on it will automatically turn tc back on and the light will have disappeared.