ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does your misses like your car

Clio 172 ph2
Well though I would post this to see who else on here’s misses likes/dislikes there Clio.

Well for starters my misses hates the fact that I have a Clio she hates going in it says she doesn’t feel safe like it’s about to fall apart . And my son who is 4 calls it dads tiny car [emoji23].

So would love to know who else’s partner or friend family member thinks of your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
She's resigned to it and has made her peace with it! When I bought my most recent one the conversation went like this (agreed the deal at night when she was in bed so this was the next morning)

Me - Morning, bought a cat c 182 last night
Her - *Sigh*, alright, does this one have airbags?
Me - Yes, and they're connected and everything
Her - Does it have a cat?
Me - Yes
Her - Is it safe after the write off?
Me - Yes, just got a bent crash bar but its fine
Her - *Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Ok, at least its more fun than the civic

She's used to it though, think this is the 15th time I've bought a Clio!

Clio 172 ph2
She's resigned to it and has made her peace with it! When I bought my most recent one the conversation went like this (agreed the deal at night when she was in bed so this was the next morning)

Me - Morning, bought a cat c 182 last night
Her - *Sigh*, alright, does this one have airbags?
Me - Yes, and they're connected and everything
Her - Does it have a cat?
Me - Yes
Her - Is it safe after the write off?
Me - Yes, just got a bent crash bar but its fine
Her - *Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Ok, at least its more fun than the civic

She's used to it though, think this is the 15th time I've bought a Clio!

Aww man my missies honestly like her cars obv because of me [emoji87]. But anyway tonight we thought get a break from the kids for a few hours and as we were heading outside a had the Clio keys n she’s like erm what you doing?? Am like what u mean she’s like am not going in that am like wtf a have a full tank so instead of taking our other cars I thought we drive in the Clio would be good.

Her face was like [emoji298]️[emoji298]️. She’s like don’t drive fast and don’t even drive fast as ur company car am like ok. Soon as I found the Clyde tunnel dropped into second gear flat out until like 4th n god got so much greef for it .

172 Turbo
I've got a 172 Turbo

Wife hated my 172 Cup, she seems to like the turbo a little more, we use it when we go out without our kids. However, we went out late summer and it was hammering down "ffs, does this thing go in a straight line?"

She'd like us to have a "nicer" second car, but I'd rather pay down the mortgage than go out and buy a Porsche.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye I've got lucky/worn her down over the years, when we went for her 12 week scan we took the clio in my avatar, stripped out, bucket seated ph1! She wasn't bothered, now that shes 32 weeks she cant fit in and was disappointed that she could only come out for 1 track day. When I met her she didn't like cars at all and hated going fast, now the only things she hates are the fumes as a result of the decat and on the rare occasions that I tailgate.

Don't worry though, shes a pain in the arse in many different ways!

Clio 172 ph2
There are certain junctions and curves I just like to take sideways. My Mrs pre-emptivly tells me off as we approach them.

If I don't listen I get the silent treatment. So of course I get the silent treatment.

So true honestly straight but of road but of welly and it’s Garrryyyyyyy stop it am like piss on my parade man seriously into 5th the. It is[emoji36]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Pics of misses?

As I say, 32 weeks pregnant.

IMG_0598.JPG

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My Mrs has a 15 reg clio dci and the kids are in their teens. If we go out on a weekend she'll ask if I'm driving. I don't drive her car cos it's s**t. I often get reprimanded for my cornering speeds, but that's what I bought a 182 for!
I had the Integrale when I met her so she knows what she was in for. She was more concerned when I swapped the megane 225 for a diesel 5 door astra[emoji23]

Renault Clio RS 200
My old car had no aircon, no heater, and no entertainment centre, carbon bucket seats coupled with the hardest suspension I've come across.

Safe to say she was more welcoming toward the clio! Especially when she found out it had a heater haha!

535d / t5 caravelle
My mrs is ok with my cars, as long as they have isofix fittings, ( otherwise I would probably have been driving round in imprezaworks old scooby ☹️ ) .

I don’t drive like a c**k with her in, She uses my car more than me for work, she loves it, but she’s not keen on taking the kids out in the mini when there’s a much bigger/safer galaxy sat on the drive, fair enough.

Monaco 172
My wife likes my 172 more than any car I've owned.. I've had a JDM DC2, Celica GT-Four, S14a 200sx, Civic VTi in the past, the mind boggles!

My daughter loves the Clio too, at the weekends she always wants to go in "Daddy's blue car"

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yes. She actually is quite into cars despite owning a corsa ltd edition...

She turned 25 last week so I put her on my insurance with the idea of getting her to want a faster car because I hate driving hers. Since then I've driven my own car to work twice.

I think it's working.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
She's liked most cars i've had. The FRP was rather figure hugging right enough. The Trophy was meh and she loved the Fiesta ST I had. The TT again... heated seats are always a winner!

My current company car is pretty much what she would have anyway so she's happy.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My wife hates my car and in the time I've owned it she hasn't wanted to drive it even after me asking her to take it out for a blast.

Although she has been out in it a few times and dose smile when it comes on boost, I think she hates how raw it is/the clonking of the diffs. She is more than happy to stick to driving her Volvo S60 D5. (Not that id let her drive mine daily) so that's fine by me.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Lover hates the Clio... always get the “buy a proper car” I could see her point if we didn’t have a 2015 Q3!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Our lass is okay with it, completely disinterested in fact i'd say, so long as it works she has no opinion, I only get grief it it wont start/breaks down. lol!
she knew about the clio issues I have anyway, and I think since we've been together I must of had about 20 cars.....pretty much all clios.....lol
first I drove her anywhere it was back from her mams after tea, big pot of left over lasagne on her lap, turbo mk1, stripped, buckets and I booted it everywhere back then....all in fair warn at that point imo

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My other half doesn't like my Clio as such but really doesn't mind me spending money and time doing stuff on it because she knows I enjoy it. She says it's just a bit embarrassing as it's bright Orange, loud and 'chavvy' in her words.

She massively preferred my A3 I had before, but the Clio is 100000 times more fun :D

Clio sport 172
My missis doesn’t mind my clio even tho she says its loud and doesn’t like that i have to go slow over speed bumps but apart from thats she sometimes encourages me to hammer it aha [emoji23]

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I second the 'no opinion as long as it works' view, I think she thinks it's neat it has air con/cruise and a Bluetooth radio(aftermarket) etc, but would much rather I had something slower, German and about 10 years newer!
Oh and I get told I spend too much money on it in tax/insurance/servicing! [emoji389]

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Mine didn’t mind it. She liked the colour, seats and how much I like it. She actually suggested keeping it forever and retiring it as a toy.

Now to find one who is actively into cars lol

Mine goes from appreciating my love of the old Clio now the meg to tolerating it to absolutely hating my toy cars as she calls them..

If it's all going well (not needing money spent on it) she's happy. Sadly it needs a dmf and clutch in the coming months so is currently hating it..! Bloody car costing money blah blah blah.

99% of the time shes happy. Keeps me off street corners.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My Mrs has ended up using most my cars as her daily at some point. Except for the M3. That was too nice to have sat on a supermarket car park all day

She hated me selling the BMW

Clio 182 Trophy
I think she secretly enjoys it when we're out in it. Says I drive my company corsa at the same speeds so she feels more comfortable in the Clio that can handle it [emoji23]

Have been told off a couple times when it gets a bit quick. If booting it, I can just get into 4th before being shouted at.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My BMW; she likes it.
My van; she loves it. And drives it at any opportunity.
Scoob; hates it and has never even sat in it.
Clio; she doesn’t even know Ive still got it.

She has no interest in cars and can’t fathom why I’m so obsessed with them.

My wife has just said...
"I genuinely can't wait for it to go BRAAAAAAP TISSSSH... BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP TISSSSSSSHHHH"

😂😂😂

:fearscream: SHE WANTS IT TURBO'D!!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Renault 5 GT Turbo
My partner sees cars as a method of transport only, she couldn't care less about cars... She don't understand the passion I have for cars and driving. :(

She don't mind the Clio as it's my fun car, says don't drive like a t**t with my son in the car... He grassed me up tho, when ever he gets in it he goes "broom broom, and squeals like tyres do"