ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog Bone Mount Done but still knocking slightly?

Hello all, I had some quite severe engine knocking recently and got my dog bone mount done which sorted it at pretty much all speeds however today I noticed when coming off the throttle at high speed (70+) in 5th gear that as the car slows down the same knocking noise has come back. It's only when your really gunning it and when you release the throttle (suddenly or gently) it sounds like a knocking coming from the gear selector area. Is it possible that I need to do the other mounts? If so which one? And preferable i'd like a powerflex one to match the dog bone.

Na don't really get it in first and second, i think your probably talking about that knocking when the wheels spin which is common iirc. Its only at high speed, off accelerator, in fifth gear.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've replaced all my mounts with standard and got a powerflex dogbone and still get knocking under hard acceleration in 1st-2nd. Pisses me right off...

Have you tried slackening off the engine mounts and pulling it forwards?

Or it could be the exhaust knocking on the heatsheild?

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
You sure it a knocking noise and not the bathals in the exhaust...? My old exhaust on my old 182 I tought the engine mounts were on there way out but it was infact the bathals coming lose in the back box...

You sure it a knocking noise and not the bathals in the exhaust...? My old exhaust on my old 182 I tought the engine mounts were on there way out but it was infact the bathals coming lose in the back box...

Its funny you say that as it wasnt doing it before i put my rs192 on! How would I go about tightening up the baffles?

Now Sold :-(
Its funny you say that as it wasnt doing it before i put my rs192 on! How would I go about tightening up the baffles?

Are you sure your new exhaust is fitted correctly. The RS192 is difficult to fit and align correctly so may well be hitting something when you come off the throttle under heavy load.
And you can't tighten the baffles.

Are you sure your new exhaust is fitted correctly. The RS192 is difficult to fit and align correctly so may well be hitting something when you come off the throttle under heavy load.
And you can't tighten the baffles.

Well i couldn't get the correct o-ring on the day so just bought 2 that were a close fit and when fitting used the one that was a better fit, i've bought the original renault kit now and am going to get that fitted, doubt it will make a difference to any knocking though. And yes my rs192 was a nightmare to fit and the tailpipes aren't sitting correctly but that's another story. My heat shield is secure so it's not that, i'm going to modify the exhaust hangers to try and stiffen them later on today.