ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door mirror cap removal

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Has anyone any experience with removing the door mirror caps? If so how are they attached? Or what's the best way to remove them?
Thanks in advance.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Do you mean the colour coded covers? I would recommend folding the mirror back in towards the windows before you start then carefully prise the edge top and bottom roughly at Mid point out. Do similarly at the hinge end. They are held on with fairly brittle clips which have a tendency to break off which one of mine had when I got it so I just put a small dab of black silicone on the inside where it came close to contacting the mirror. This can then easily be pulled off in the future.

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Yeah the colour coded cap. I had a little pull earlier but it felt really well attached so o thought id ask on here before pulling like he-man and smashing something haha i know some are screwed in place with small self tappers on some cars