ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drawn in to it all!

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Really been drawn into this Photography lark....and after seeing some of these pics on here and just chatting at meets and that i drive around and see places that id love to photo that iv never thought about before....

now birthday coming up in 2months so thought the perfect time as the parents dont no what to get me and i doubt the wished for 1*2 + insurance will be purchesed for me (can only dream) so was hoping some one could shed some light on a decent-ish camera and good starting addons etc....

Thanks All

Max

Fiat Panda 100hp
Depends on your budget? And do you want a DSLR? D90 coming out soon, but expect it to be around 650 notes.

D40/x? 250 notes these days.

R.I.P Zonda S
Cannot go wrong with D40x. Everyone is always banging on about them whenever someone asks what dslr to get. Remember to get yourself some nice glass too. 50mm f/1.8 is a must :)

It has no drive motor on the body though, so you'll be limited to lenses which have AF drive (unless you want to manually focus). I belive the nifty fifty will not AF with the D40, which is a shame.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Cannot go wrong with D40x. Everyone is always banging on about them whenever someone asks what dslr to get. Remember to get yourself some nice glass too. 50mm f/1.8 is a must :)

It has no drive motor on the body though, so you'll be limited to lenses which have AF drive (unless you want to manually focus). I belive the nifty fifty will not AF with the D40, which is a shame.

One of the main reasons I went for the D80.

50mm F1.8 is a great lens, cheap too at £80 from Jessops.

R.I.P Zonda S
There are some obsolete models from Nikon which are well worth a look. Preowned they will cost similar to the D40x, but a lot will have many more features ! Including AF motor on the body.

D50/D70(s), D80 is well worth a look too if you aren't penny-pinching (BobRTE seems more than happy with his, and I love my D50).