ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive out Sunday 8th January 2012

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Colton is fine by me. Does anyone know a good route to the coast? The only one I know is the official 'scenic' route to brid!

Ibiza SC
As above, A64 then the 'scenic' Scarborough road is the only one I've been along, albeit stuck in traffic mostly due to being summer. That route at this time of year would be a lot quieter, never been on the 'official' scenic route tho!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Boo :(

As above, A64 then the 'scenic' Scarborough road is the only one I've been along, albeit stuck in traffic mostly due to being summer. That route at this time of year would be a lot quieter, never been on the 'official' scenic route tho!

Both routes are good.

I think we should go the scenic one of Jim doesn't mind leading. Its the one my dad used to use whenever we went up to the coast but if you get stuck behind someone it can be difficult to overtake. Shouldn't be as much of a problem atm like you say though.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The way I always go goes down the a166 through Stanford bridge and then left at that motorbike cafe on to that scenic route. If anyones got a better route and is willing to lead it's fine by me!

pimp mobile Zafira
I'll have to check the old bank balance but should be fine. Need to be watchfull of the mobile speed van. Although everyone will be taking it steady you never know it doesn't take much.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Forget the name of the road but it goes from Pickering to Whitby, thats pretty good. Also there is a side road to Goathland. That is a good scenic route with a few hairpins and bends thrown in.

Jenic, how come you have gone from Megane to a Trophy mate?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Forget the name of the road but it goes from Pickering to Whitby, thats pretty good. Also there is a side road to Goathland. That is a good scenic route with a few hairpins and bends thrown in.

I'm easy tbh, whichever ways people want to go on the day is good with me.

Just swapped as it was cheaper (to buy and run) and they are more fun to drive tbh.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Are babys allowed? I can't shake the 6 month old. More need that a teenager on facebook.

R26/200 Raider

This road goes through Sleights and joins the Middlesbrough to Whitby road about 1 mile from Whitby. It is a very challenging route.

black 172
This road goes through Sleights and joins the Middlesbrough to Whitby road about 1 mile from Whitby. It is a very challenging route.

its a good route that if we don't get stuck behind coffin dodgers but plenty of overtaking spots along there i'm looking forward to it .

R26/200 Raider
There is another road that runs parallel with this one which is just as good. It joins the same two roads as i mentioned earlier. It leaves the Pickering road at Kirkby Moorside and climbs very high up eventually ending its decent 15 miles West of Whitby. There is also a real food pub half way along the road. The North East section are planning a meet on Feb 26th along this road if anyone fancys it. I have advertised this meet in the North East section and it is advertised on 197.net so hoping for a decent turnout.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Im up for going anywhere to be honest. We could always go one way and come home a different way. As long as we stop for food once an hour i'm happy.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Is the original convoy starting at Colton sainsburys or the mcdonalds bit on the other side?
I'm scared about meeting you weirdos.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I dont mind leading for that bit mate but i don't want to be the bloke that makes everyone follow him. If someone knows a better way i will follow them. Plus i will get lost.

Ibiza SC
Me too. Sainsburys car park will probably be quieter at that time I'd have thought.

Are you sure? Colton on a Sunday is MENTAL. It'll probably start to get busy around 11, although McD's is such a small carpark it'll probably be best to meet in the larger Sainsbury's carpark.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Windmill? or whatever that pub is called on the bypass? or at my local pub in Whitley, if we're off down the M62!

black 172
o you mean the wishing well to get there its faster to head from there than whitley .

you live on the main road in whitley ?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
o you mean the wishing well to get there its faster to head from there than whitley .

you live on the main road in whitley ?

Thats it. New pubs always sound poo.

Just off the main road, used to live on it though. You know folk?

black 172
o yeah with his eye ball burning S3 i know him from my vw days even tho he never seen me in a VW lol

i was driving through the other day and there was a sliver one 1*2 tucked up on a drive way .

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
o yeah with his eye ball burning S3 i know him from my vw days even tho he never seen me in a VW lol

i was driving through the other day and there was a sliver one 1*2 tucked up on a drive way .

LOL and the non-finished dax...

Yes that is mine. She had been there for 6 months, just back on the road now, albeit it still needs work.

black 172
how far off is that now ?

cool befor i bought mine i never seen them now i see them everywhere feel like i have bought the most common car going hehe

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Metting at Colton (McDonalds side) at 10:30am

LS15 9JH

You might have been saying McDonalds side all along but it appears Jim is 'metting' there too - which is Selby for Dogging.

So we should all meet at Sainsburys side, until he's finished.

10.30 at McD's it is.

Selby crew meet at 10:11 @ Windmill, wishing well, whatever?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
how far off is that now ?

cool befor i bought mine i never seen them now i see them everywhere feel like i have bought the most common car going hehe

dunno, not seen him since my wedding in 09.

You bought a clio cheif, mass produced tat. Theyre everywhere!