ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver:SF

1.8 Civic EX
Pretty sure there was a thread on this already but I can't find it.

Played the demo last night....I r dissapoint :(

Just felt wrong, and the whole jumping into other drivers minds and driving thier car thing? wtf is that all about?!? Don't think this one will be making it's way onto my pile of games any time soon...:dapprove:

Homo spec mazda
Am I the only one who enjoyed this? I think the physics are awesome fun, battering the abarth 500 round on the handbrake was awesome.

Octy VRS
I used to like just hooning it around in the old games and finding the hidden cars. Sadly I don't think this will be any good. Loved the first 2 but the 3rd was a bit s**t.

Goliath I
Thought they would be going back to its roots with this game... How wrong.

Played the demo and as soon as the 'I can jump into other bodies...' was said I just facepalmed. Completely the wrong series to make a game around, would be like giving Hitmans Agent 47 an Alien race...

Didn't enjoy this either, the car handling felt off, looked ok though. Pity as I loved the first three Drivers - although Driv3r I only played in Take A Ride, missions were s**t.

At least they had the balls to put out a demo, I hate the fact that not many demos come out now, although I understand why.

When I first heard about this, and heard the name Tanner again I got all nostalgic.

Then I saw trailers and gameplay videos and went straight off the idea - looks like crap. The original was quality at the time, from what I can work out this isn't. All that jumping around from car to car b****cks just looks like a desperate gimmick.

flop.

I was looking at this the other say and yeah, the car jumping nonsense sounds so stupid! I used to live the driver games, even the touch and go driv3r was good if you used it right, the mental car handling etc, although the idea of fully licensed cars is nice. Probs won't be getting it though based on the opinions above!

I was looking at this the other say and yeah, the car jumping nonsense sounds so stupid! I used to live the driver games, even the touch and go driv3r was good if you used it right, the mental car handling etc, although the idea of fully licensed cars is nice. Probs won't be getting it though based on the opinions above!

The shift would be good for the Take A Ride mode, but it's just a bit too weird for the main missions IMO. The problems with this game start before you shift.

Evo 5 RS
Played demo on PS3 on Sunday. It's s**t...cars handle like they weigh 4000kg and the whole game mechanic reeks of fail

57 Clio Campus Sport
Another game where they would be better off just releasing the original in HD. Loved the first 2. I always used to go in this car park to evade cops. I thought 3 was ok after you got used to it and the bikes were ok for a bit of fun.

I knew it would be crap after I saw the first interview about it.

Goliath I
Got this coming today as I forgot I added it months ago on my Lovefilm, had I remembered I would have removed it after I played the demo.

I'll give it a bash anyway. Hopefully I can put aside the fact they have seemed to have thrown the origanl driver concept out the window and appreciate the game for what the devolpers want it to be.

AG 200 cup
Gotta say I'm liking the jumping between cars, cos driver 3 was just like a rubbish GTA but they seem to have now gone back to just driving cars like the old ones.

Swift Sport
It's getting some decent reviews, although I won't be buying it simply because it won't be like the original Driver game.

Got this today.

It's funny how the original games always leave a lasting impression (This, GTA, Golden Eye).

Still, seems like a good game, and will kill some spare time.

It's a nice stop gap, and fills a few evenings.

I'll be holding onto it for a few weeks, try to complete the side missions, and try the split screen stuff.

Worth a buy, if sub £30.

Goliath I
Different type of game to the up and comers tbh, I rented it from my Lovefilm and enjoyed it but isn't something I'd go and buy