ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers door

Clio 172 rep
Shut my door when belt buckle was in the door shut and door bounced back and now the door will shut but dash light for door is on and my car wont lock cause it thinks a door is open, so confused wa to do or if its a big problem or its just re alining sumthink, despratly in need of help pleasee as my car in on my drive unlocked!! Luckly blocked in tho

​thankss josh

Sport 172 flame Red
Check to make sure you haven't damaged the little door sensor that pushes in when you shut the door, this tells the car your door is shut, it may have been damaged or broken in the process

sounds like you trapped the belt buckle between your door and the door sensor that tells it when it is shut/open

check that for damage once you can get light on it

​hope this helps

Clio 172 rep
Okayy i will get strait on it in the morning, any ideas of how to fix this sensor problem if thats the case?

Sport 172 flame Red
Okayy i will get strait on it in the morning, any ideas of how to fix this sensor problem if thats the case?

Personally if it was my car I would try to start by diagnosing if its faulty or not, simply push it in and see if the light goes off with all other doors shut.

if I am giving false information please anyone feel free to step in and correct me.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Had this on my 172Cup. The small plastic piece will probably have broken. You can stuff socks or something behind the piece (where the pillar is behind the seatbelt) to allow it to still be proud when it is in use. Scrappy for ANY Clio for the piece where this pic is!

insidedoor_zpsa2a3d927.jpg