ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver's seat squeak + rattle around handbrake

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi everyone,
For a while now I have an annoying squeak sound come from driver's seat when I drive (left hand car). Can't find the problem so hope to hear any solution from you. Also, have a rattle that came from somewhere around the hand brake area and also can't find the rattle source:dapprove:

Thanks
Lior

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
I had a similar problem. After days of going mad and looking around i found the problem. One of the screws that hold the seat to the floor was coming un done. you might see one of the rails for the seats lifting at one end. I just went under the car and tightend it up. problem solved for me

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Thank you mate. I will check this but I already tried to find the problem and the squeak come when I push on the driver's seat with my hand like one of the springs inside the seat is fooked.
Lior

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
OK i also had that one to. Try moving your seat forwards one notch. i am 6ft 2 so had seat all the way back and it was making a squeak to. I moved it forward a bit to get someone in the back and squeak had gone. might be worth a look as well.