ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side clicking, possibel CV?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Have a ticking / clicking noise coming from my drivers side. Happens when moving, more noticeable at lower speed, happens when wheel is straight and when turning.
Had the wheel off, nothing seemed loose, or leaking. Didnt make the noise if I spun the hub by hand.
Possbile suggestions have been CV joint or driveshaft related.
Any other possiblities?
Anything to listen / look out for?

Small clip below, sorry for the wind noise
[video=youtube_share;W-iOzI2bW04]http://youtu.be/W-iOzI2bW04[/video]

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I don't know if it's an optical illusion, but it looks like your wheel is wobbling all over the place.

I hope not! they were only balanced last week!
You on your pipe again :p

Just him steering I think Dave, Ed is it a fast clicking when full lock slowly accelerating in a circle left of right?

Not tried that kind of test, so unsure at the moment. Will try it tomrrow

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well after the events of last time, maybe not.
That is even if you remember me! haha

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I don't remember much of anything once I hit the oblivion button.

Were you opposite mate or sideways mate at this years CSS,
or were you at one of my previous f*ck ups?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
HAHA! You see I do remember some things,
although if you walked past me in the street I wouldn't recognise you,
I couldn't really see straight by that point.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
O yes, well you used me as a ledge to help yourself up before you stumbled round the corner and our ears were blessed with your very own song lol!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
guysy Today it has been quiet and not made any noise at all. Tried full lock and gently moving off, not had the noise replicated at all. Only noise I had was a loud clunk noise when coming off full left lock

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Ha nor am I!
Did have a check round and things seemed alright. Just hope it sort of holds together long enough so it can all go in for a refresh when the belts are done.