ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivetrain fault/noise

Integrale1

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Recently my 172 has had a slight wobble/vibration that can be felt through the car when decelerating/braking.
I got in the car yesterday to drive to work and could hear a similar noise to a brake pad slightly catching on the disc. Further into the journey I could hear a knocking noise that sounded like it was ftom the centre of the car/drivers side
I jacked the car up found no play in the wheel bearings, discs and pads are fine but noticed when I turn the driveshaft the bearing joint half way down is making the rubbing noise I thought was the pads and discs. The shaft however feels solid with no play and has only covered 30,000 since I replaced it.
I also noticed that the gearbox makes a clunk when you initially spin the driveshaft, is this normal?
The car has also put on a constant traction control, abs and service light since this happened.