ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving without license and insurance

306 GTI-6
A guy I work with has just appeared in court after being caught driving without a full license and therefore no insurance.

His punishment? £160 fine payable at £5 per week, and 3 points on his license.

Quite lenient i think personally.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Would it actually work like that though? ^

For e.g.

If you get 12 points you get automatically diqualified, when you retake your test, you then have 0 points on your licence but assume insurers will need to be notified of the 12 points... Or would they...

VERY LENIANT.

I got £500 fine and 6 points on my provisional for the exact same charges!

So if i get at least 1 point in my first 2 years of driving I have to resit everything.

I had extra charges aswell though, taking car without permission, failing to stop for police, danerous driving. although they both got dropped. I missed my original court date because I was in prison for something else, perhaps that annoyed the judge on the day...

What a result for him though.

Edit - White16valver , youre wrong.. you can get 6 points on your provisional, sit and pass, get your license and drive legally. the 6 points dont come in to play unless you receive any further points. I got my full license through with 6 points on it, so I have to be really careful for 2 years when I'm aloud an extra 6 points.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Reading that again, I think it may either be a lie (not on your part geordieracer) or he was just caught driving around a residential estate or something.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
you can get points on your licence before you even have one :)

Soon as you apply and get a provisional there all piled on

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^ totally agree!

Hope i have to go to this court though or my punishment is as leniant. Reached me maximum 6 points so awaiting a court summons. Fingers crossed! i may add i wasnt drink driving or driving without insurance or anything like that, people who do that are absolute w*****s imo

306 GTI-6
Reading that again, I think it may either be a lie (not on your part geordieracer) or he was just caught driving around a residential estate or something.

definitely not a lie, i went to the sheriffs court with him, gave him alift, it then turned out it ws at the district court so he was 2 hrs late, when we got there they handed him a letter with all the details in it, i laughed out loud when i saw it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

definitely not a lie, i went to the sheriffs court with him, gave him alift, it then turned out it ws at the district court so he was 2 hrs late, when we got there they handed him a letter with all the details in it, i laughed out loud when i saw it.

Jeees.

What's the secret to that then? Was the judge drunk? What did he put on the financial status form?

Earn £0 and £0 savings?

306 GTI-6
no, he is on about 14k a year as far as i knowm his gf works, no kids, 1 credit card with a grand on it, 400 rent a month between them, Scottish justice system i guess. lol.

306 GTI-6
honestly, i couldnt believe it, needless to say he is well chuffed. The judge/procurator or whatever must have had a good ride the night before! lol

306 GTI-6
like i said, we thought there was only one court and it turns out we were in the wrong one, so we didnt even see anyone, they sentenced him without being there, he didnt even go to the hering, but pleaad guilty by letter, so its crazy how lenient they have been.

306 GTI-6
he coudnt get the time off work, you can plead by letter, and the letter about appearing for sentencing didnt state which court, it just said the court in elgin, scotland, i didnt know there were two courts either.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Utter madness imo, he couldn't be assed to go & they only gave him that punishment. Wrong imo !!

My dad knows a local police sergeant and a couple of other long serving coppers and apparently the courts actually go softer on you if you don't go as you being there costs them unnessecary money! That is if you're pleading guitly.

Was quite shocked.

so how would you feel if he hit you or a family member etc.

Then i would take his clio apart and beat him to death with the pieces
then sell the rest on ebay..
I'd rather deal out my own punishment then let the law send him to prison for a week
or not at all....

Prison is a joke anyway i've been in afew YO's and HMP's just remands mostly... its a good little break from life and responsibilities... Sit around all day without having to pay digs, infact you get allowance. get free gym free food, ps2, tv, dvd player, cd player. a phone if youre smart enough.