ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove a Clio Cup Racer.!

Last Friday at Bedford - it's was a Palmer motorsport day i got invited to..

http://www.palmersport.com/renaultcliocupracer.aspx

The clio was just mental - totally stripped out, paddle shift and went like stink.! The brakes and handling we're unreal - the instructors are constantly pushing you to go for it, and the speed you carry thru the bends is crazy.

We did the 911 JP3 and Clio Racer on the same circuit - I was 1 second quicker in the 911 which gives you and idea of how quick the Clio was.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Or how s**t you were in the 911!

Only joking, sounds like fun dude.

The instructors we're telling me that the Clio should be quicker than the 911 round this circuit..!

172 Cup
Sounds like a great day. I think with this sort of thing you have to arrange a big group of people to attend, i.e. 30+. Does sound awesome though.

53 Clio's & counting
fred do you still do instructing? just out of interest really now i read one post saying your not at yozza any more? id love a go in a cup racer

Lionel Richie
not at yozza no, i left back in november, hopefully i'll be instructing through the summer if i have time!

53 Clio's & counting
lol well if it helps i am willing to do the sacrifice and offer my 172 as a swap for your vee then you wont have to finish it lol :rasp:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I did the Palmer Sport day at Bedford back in Autumn 2006 with it raining all day. In fully wet conditions I was 3secs quicker in the 911 than the mk2 clio cup car. I did manage to set the fastest lap of the day in the caterham though :cool:

not bad are they! on lpg too

who was your instructor? my mate emma is an instructor there

My instructor for the clio was a lad called Jorge - sound bloke. A girl instructed me on the Jag XKR - think she might have been Emma (blonde, not offensive to look at..!)

Managed to set the 2nd quickest time in the Jaguar JP1 - cornering at 140+ with the instructor shouting POWER POWER will live for me forever..!!

Lionel Richie
not bad are they! on lpg too

who was your instructor? my mate emma is an instructor there

My instructor for the clio was a lad called Jorge - sound bloke. A girl instructed me on the Jag XKR - think she might have been Emma (blonde, not offensive to look at..!)

Managed to set the 2nd quickest time in the Jaguar JP1 - cornering at 140+ with the instructor shouting POWER POWER will live for me forever..!!

young girl about 20? short hair? if so that would be emma