ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dry grinding

R27 427/500 ALBI
Dry grinding sound from near the shafts but they are new shafts , when putting car underload i can here what i can only describe as fast vibrating noise coming from the footwell area .

Recent new shafts and all look ok ?

Engine Mount ? Wheel bearings ?

Any ideas guys doing my nut in is this .:dapprove:

R27 427/500 ALBI
Yes now they are , it was doing it on its factory fitted shafts , sometimes you can here it when your just setting off ..its really bugging me :(

RS RIP
How many miles has your Trphy done ? I changed my mounts twice already in 70K.. makes a world of a difference

R27 427/500 ALBI
41k still on same mounts , how ever dog bone one had powerflex bush put in

Still thinking mounts ? Poss gone worn creating too much rocking ?

Ph 2 172
I've got this problem with my PH2 172. Sounds like a horrible grinding noise coming from the passenger side somewhere. Fitted new P'flex bushes to the dogbone yesterday and it hasn't solved it.

I took the battery out and checked the gearbox mount, that looked fine. Do you think it would it still be worth changing the bushes? If so, is it an easy enough job to do?

Ph 2 172
Just give NW Performance a call and described my problem to one of the guys down there. He basically said that it could be either the upper gearbox mount being worn and perished or it could be the ball joints or even a mixture of them both. Either way im booked in at 4.30 this afternoon to get it sorted so I will let you knw the outcome.

Ph 2 172
Went to nw performance today and had the upper gearbox mount replaced. No more knocking. Im a happy man. Ryan at nw performance is a legend.

Ph 2 172
Brill was it from the left and middle the sound like the shaft was vibrating?

How much did it cost ?

Leigh

It was more of a metallic knocking/squeaking sound coming from the passenger side. As if two pieces of metal were grinding against each other. Horrible noise. It cost about £42.50 for the part and the fitting, so for such a cheap fix its worth getting checked out even if it doesn't solve your problem. At least then its something you can rule out.

He pulled the old gearbox mount out and it was in pretty good condition, it was just the two bolt holes either side of the bushes that had worn a little bit. Therefore causing it to make a horrible sound. Replaced it with a new one and tightened every bolt that we could see in that area. A bit of WD40 and a test drive and happy days, no knocking!! :)

Its worth taking it down there because either way, it will get fixed. He knows what he is talking about, will definitely be going again!

Hope this helps mate.