ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS2500 breaking up!

172 cup
For the last few months my 172cup has just been used for pottering around to work and back. the brakes have been getting worse and worse.

I had a quick look through the wheel and discs/pads looked okay for wear. The fliud is a bit low, so decided to change fluid and bleed it through.

Today I got it up on the ramp to have a closer look. and noticed the one front pad looked cracked.

Ive now got all discs and pads off and found all the front DS2500s were completely craked off the back off the pad, and fell to peices in my hands! They appear to of overheated! I guess they have done approx 15k + a couple of trackdays at Llandow.

Has anyone else had this?

I need new pads now, but wonder wether to get the same or try something different.

I only use the car on the road for about 5k a year now and the odd trackday (1-2 a year)

Lionel Richie
not fitted correctly! were they stuck hard in the carrier?

did you remove the carrier shims and grind down the back plate so the pad was free to move?

172 cup
They werent stuck hard, but probably weren't as free as they should be due do brake dust build up.

I definatley removed the shims when I put them in, but dont think I ground the back plate?

I bought them from yozzasport, would they have come with the back plate ground down, or should I of done this?

I'm not trying to suggest there is anything wrong with the pads at all, I was just a bit suprised to find them broken up!

106 GTI
It's more than likely the pads mate.

Tonnes of stories from people who commented on their pads breaking up towards the end of last year. Seems there was a bad batch.

Lionel Richie
100% fitting issue, seen it so many times when the back blate hasn't been ground down, if you got them from YS they must be 2-3years old minimum!