ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS2500 fronts, standard rears

ph1 track weapon
hi all

need to replace my rear brakes as it'd be an understatement to say mine are knackered!

have HCs and ds2500s with AP 600 fluid and braided lines

rears i was gonna replace with standard gubbins.

was told that due to the pads being totally different compounds that they'll warm up at different times and potentially lead to braking being quite skittish at times

is this true? or do i not need to worry?

ed

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
rears dont do much anyway

Maybe not but are we to assume the front/rear split was randomly chosen and on no consequence? Surely upgrading front brakes only is going to increase the% of work done up front, so now (numbers for arguments sake) instead of 80/20 maybe you've got 90/10.

speaking from no experience it seems reasonable that the rear will feel a little more skittish, everything else being equal?

someone will be along to set me right soon!

Listerine & Poledo
the rear wheels are only there to stop the boot dragging on the floor, so the brakes do less work than a DSS long-termer