ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DSLR Lens Questions...

1.8 Civic EX
First off...can anyone explain to me what the main difference between these two are?

Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL 40-150mm F3.5-4.5

and

Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL 40-150mm F4-5.6 II

and also, has anyone ever tried a Teleconvertor? I'm just thinking it's a cheaper way to get a much longer ranger on pics...any ideas?

Olympus DIGITAL EC-14 Teleconverter

Olympus DIGITAL EX-25 Extension Tube

Sorry I don't have any links at the moment...if anyone finds any good ones with explanations that would be helpfull!

cheers peeps!

Last edited:
This will help a little but your camera uses a weird 3/4 system that I don't undertsand but this is how focal length works with Canons, Nikons and Full frame SLR's
http://www.tamroneurope.com/flc.htm

Olympus DIGITAL EX-25 Extension Tube, this will reduce your lens's closest focusing distance but remove the ability to focus on infinity for macro work, not be confused with a TC. :)

I'd guess the II is a newer revised version and will be better.

1.8 Civic EX
This will help a little but your camera uses a weird 3/4 system that I don't undertsand but this is how focal length works with Canons, Nikons and Full frame SLR's
http://www.tamroneurope.com/flc.htm

Olympus DIGITAL EX-25 Extension Tube, this will reduce your lens's closest focusing distance but remove the ability to focus on infinity for macro work, not be confused with a TC. :)

I'd guess the II is a newer revised version and will be better.

and once again in english please? lol

1.8 Civic EX
ah so basically I want the EC-14 for a longer range rather than the EX-25 which just allows you to Macro from a further distance...

ooooh maybe I should wait, just noticed they are releasing an ec20 which is even better (I think) lol

anoyone got experince of using a tele convertor?

Last edited:
ah so basically I want the EC-14 for a longer range rather than the EX-25 which just allows you to Macro from a further distance...

Nearly there ;) the EX-25 means you can get even closer than normal..

A quick look reaveals that the E-system is a 2x crop, so on the Tamron website click the 35mm Film option and the 40-150 lens is a 80-300 if it was on a film camera, just to confuse you some more :p

You will probably lose auto focus using a TC on that lens as well..

1.8 Civic EX

Nearly there ;) the EX-25 means you can get even closer than normal..

A quick look reaveals that the E-system is a 2x crop, so on the Tamron website click the 35mm Film option and the 40-150 lens is a 80-300 if it was on a film camera, just to confuse you some more :p

You will probably lose auto focus using a TC on that lens as well..

:eek: thats just poo! lol