ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DSLR Vs BlackBerry Curve ( 182 guinea pig )

So yeh I just got a new DSLR, after my last post on this section with my blackberry curve, so called pictures...

Compare the Camera's, simples.

Curve:

Rs1821.jpg

IMG00200-20120827-1552.jpg

clio1822.jpg

And my new Nikon D3000 DSLR ( Basic but very decent picture quality and easy to use. )

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Too wet, to take any decent full shots of car so went for some shallow depth of field.

Listerine & Poledo
For making things a bit more fair, next time do the same photos with the different cameras ;)

Listerine & Poledo
Like-for-like comparisons are typically the better way of doing these kind of things.

But I agree, it was never going to be a fight

Well to highlight the difference and why an DSLR is a worthwhile investment perhaps.

Again, I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade here, but did it need highlighting?!

When you first used your camera, did it come as a shock to you that the Nikon outperformed a Blackberry Curve?

now shall we post the difference between the kit lens on a dslr , and a pro lens with far far better glass in , you'll be surprised by that too especially in a low light situation ,

however you took pics with your curve inside and the ones with your dslr were outside in better light ?

How about comparing these 2 pics which is the phone , which is the dslr

View attachment 84331View attachment 84332

Again, I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade here, but did it need highlighting?!

Heh. No it doesn't but I understand his excitement. When I got my first DSLR and a decent lens I was busy spamming all manner of crappy photos all over the place (Not that OP's pics are crappy) as if I had invented shallow DOF and sharp pictures.

Haha yes, it was like Christmas morning as a kid again.

but you can get decent pics with the phone you grabbed from your pocket too .....

certainly for posting on forums/facebook you can get a decent pic with a phone alot of the time with the right app.

no , most certainly the dslr shots could be a lot better , but they are taken from a moving boat hand held and grabbed quickly as that wasn't what i was there to do ....

but when you compare both photos in similar situations then the the phone will sometimes get a better result than expected (i obviously chose 2 pictures that weren't miles apart either )

set up a shot with a decent camera and obviously things become much much better .

there is a difference in being somewhere and having the intention to shoot it , and grabbing a handy device to record the moment , its why the new compact system cameras will take off massively .

Well obviously you guys seem to have more experience with camera's, I am less than a day into mine ( although I have used the college's DSLR and have basic knowledge of how to use one ) I am still nowhere near up to scratch,

But it is just a bit of fun, remember.

it is , and your pics of the clio are fine , i was mealy saying you can get half decent phone shots .

Enjoy it , and you'll then find you'll love the next steps forward you will discover .

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good effort on the pics mate, just remember that every time you take a picture on Auto mode, a kitten dies ;)

The photography section has some brilliant guides for starting out btw.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
kittens piss me off, click....ha....click click...haha.....click click click click click...mwuhahahahhahaha

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont get the point of this thread.

I'm struggling too, TBH.

I think that the OP is happy that the pictures from a £300 camera are better than the £3 camera inside his BlackBerry, which from my experience are neither very good at being a phone, a camera or anything what so ever to do with fruit, as the name may suggest.

:evil:

So, in summary ..

Jolly good.

If you want to post pictures on here of your car, go for it, the more the merrier :D

Just don't make a lame excuse for doing so, by making a thread "comparing" a Blackberry camera to a nice DSLR ;)

If you want to post pictures on here of your car, go for it, the more the merrier :D

Just don't make a lame excuse for doing so, by making a thread "comparing" a Blackberry camera to a nice DSLR ;)

I am still a noob, despite being a club member - but cheers for the heads up ;)

Can a Mod change the title to something more appropriate , I feel kind of stupid now after all the negative feedback.. Seemed like a good idea in the morning :S

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Think this thread was a fine comparison, If you think about some of the phone camera's today are actually very good. They can't zoom but, certainly the iPhone 4s and the Galaxy S3 both have very impressive camera's.

So to conclude, i think this thread would of been a more interesting comparison between an iPhone/Galaxy or the like compared to the bottom end DSLR such as the D3000 and the whatever it is now the 650D.

Nice car and Nice pics btw. :)

PB 182 (1 of 29)
I think this thread has a decent point, I hate reading media threads that have the opening line "excuse the crappy phone pics" I just think, if you think the photos at rubbish why post them at all.