ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dunns MK5 Golf GTI

Mk5 golf gti
VW can provide a replacement piece of trim where that silly phone holder is btw. It's about £20.

I got the garage I bought it from to do it for me, contact them if you want to know the part. He should remember as I only bought it my white GTI from him in September.

Crossways Garage

i did wonder about that, how does a phone even fit into it? dont think my bold 9900 will work all though i havent tried
i might use it if it does

no dude, tartan is standard.

im not doubting some rollers will show 260bhp, im saying most rolling roads tend to over read, and most iv seen have 250ish.

with regards to dsg, its basically a super fast auto.

You can have dsg without paddles - you only get the paddles if you have a multi function steering wheel.

dsg is very good if you want an auto - seamless changes up and down and are good on diesel engines as you dont tend to get any turbo lag between gears as it changes so quickly.

be aware that you MUST have the dsg oil (and filter depending on what model of dsg box you have) changed every 40k without fail - the mechatronic unit (the boxes ecu) sits in the oil and if the oil is not changed the old oil can contaminate the mechatronic unit = bye bye £1400 to fix.

mpg averages 1-3mpg less than the equivelent manual.

appreciate the info russ

this ones a manual, its a great box i think i did try a dsg but the novelty wore off fairly quickly but i would try one in the future (possibly s3 next year)

will certainly pm for any parts that i hope i wont need :rasp:

going to go outside and give it a good cleaning, so will try and take some decent pics :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Also get launch control in the DSG/S-Tronic.

Love mine, would never go back to a manual where possible. Town driving is soooo much easier & you can drink coffee on the move.

Mk5 golf gti
totally agree, im just not ready to give up a manual box just yet :p i think i will when i purchase an s3 though

Mk5 golf gti
Also, whats the best forum to use for these things?

when i was training to become a mechanic our instructor was an audi master tech but on his laptop he used a program like vagcom but it was free? anyone have any idea what this program is called? i cant for the life of me remember

Mk5 golf gti
a couple of slightly better blackberry pics

425446_10151375602545171_566360170_23476558_295847243_n.jpg

423565_10151375602765171_566360170_23476560_1066313446_n.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
hmm im not convinced on that one Lol

you know of any decent forums for these? cant seem to find a good one?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Also, whats the best forum to use for these things?

when i was training to become a mechanic our instructor was an audi master tech but on his laptop he used a program like vagcom but it was free? anyone have any idea what this program is called? i cant for the life of me remember

VCDS

DB.

BMW 440i
RE. The phone holder.

I did a lot of research into this as i was considering using it if possible.

Turns out to only apply to certain phones, like old nokias, and very unreliable/useless on any new phones. Easy fix to get rid for about £20.

Mk5 golf gti
i like these for now, if i upgrade them though it wont be the monzas i get

handles perfectly on the 17's, not sure i want to spoil that

Mk5 golf gti
Went for a proper drive late last night and just before too.

What a fantastic drive. just needs the noise of an R32 and it would be perfect :p

b00st <3

Mk5 golf gti
Are they a lot quicker than 1*2s? and do they have aux sockets for ipods?

They are quicker, maybe not on the track but in real life yes. Boost helps that though ;)

If you have the optional extras of armrest and cd changer then there is an iPod adapter with that setup apparently
I do have this upgrade but I haven't looked at it properly yet

Mk5 golf gti
Google VAS PC and you'll see it lol.

Ohh so you mean there are free versions of vagcom? vcds or whatever?

anyway took some better pics with my little point and shoot camera, not bad quality to be fair :)

64170_10151378348875171_566360170_23490711_1345270251_n.jpg

419789_10151378350120171_1476666727_n.jpg

424216_10151378350635171_388262454_n.jpg

429889_10151378353125171_566360170_23490722_94333156_n.jpg

64625_10151378353750171_1041888400_n.jpg

M16a
Looks smart mate.

It'll either be one of these for me next or an S3.

If they're too expensive, Octavia Vrs. Can't help it but they are seriously becoming one of my must haves..

Enjoy it.!

Mk5 golf gti
Looks smart mate.

It'll either be one of these for me next or an S3.

If they're too expensive, Octavia Vrs. Can't help it but they are seriously becoming one of my must haves..

Enjoy it.!

thanks mate :)

yea im already planning the s3 move Lol but will wait 12 months for the prices to be just right

Mk5 golf gti
Does anyone know if the best place local to me would be Awesome-gti at manchester, hearing some bad things about more-bhp

Bought some luxury mats too which arrive today, so very happy with them. enjoying driving it so far but i think it needs the forge twintake and a remap if im being honest

Mk5 golf gti
I had my cambelt and water pump done there, was quite cheap....

i do know the place well, used to work opposite there seen some good cars go in and out, but heard some bad things about the mapping i.e. flat spots etc

Mk5 golf gti
They are Revo dealers, so you can either get a standard Revo map, or go custom...

My friend has had mapping done there on his Polo GTI 1.8T and it goes well.

ohh you're reffering to awesome gti? i meant more-bhp

jbs at chesterfield have been great with my gt tdi golf buddy.
done all the tuning/remap work/KW coilover fitting ect inc servicing.
they know their stuff with vag.

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/

cheers will have a look mate :)

Mk5 golf gti
Just a bit of an upadate so that anyone interested in a mk5 golf gti can look for future reference....

Really happy with the car, ive had alot more powerful cars and it does cry out for a remap but in standard form its still a really good laugh.
V-power is a must it runs s**t on anything else, the handling is pretty good on the 17's and its put me off upgrading to 18's for that reason.
The factory nav is fantastic, far better and more accurate than the tomtom ive used religously.
driving in the sun with both windows down listening the turbo spool and 'whoosh' is also a giggle :p
A forge twintake would be my only upgrade if i was to do anything with this as they just sound epic.

Also im averaging 36mpg with fairly mixed driving, give it beans though and it will drink of course.

The ph1 is also on ebay too.......as ive been enjoying taking this out for runs at the weekend :approve:
fairly tame but an epic daily ive found with all the extras it has

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anymore pics mate?

I've actually driven a few of them recently, an ed30 only last week and they have some fantastic pace about them.

Great hot hatch for someone looking for refinement.

Mk5 golf gti
Anymore pics mate?

I've actually driven a few of them recently, an ed30 only last week and they have some fantastic pace about them.

Great hot hatch for someone looking for refinement.

hopefully will get some more high res pics this weekend if the sun comes out.
yes i nearly bought an ed30 but couldnt justify the extra money as i would of just bought an S3 (hopefully next purchase)

its the best daily ive had, and ive owned a lot of cars :p