ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique

Looking at maybe getting one of these, 04 plate. Just wondering which of the following are optional extras:
- Air Conditioning
- Alloys Wheels - they are arenault wheels though.
- cd player
- metallic paint
- electronic climate control
- remote central looking
- sports seats

Many Thanks!

Air con/ climate contraol was an extra
Alloys are standard there like the 172 alloys
Metalic paint was an option maost people took up and had there cars in black
Cd player was an option most people took but you can retrof it one if you want in a few minutes.
Romoe locking was standard
Sports seats well there the same as the Cup seats and the 172 ones but covered in cloth rarther than leather.

ollie82 said:
All the above are standard on a Dynamique minus Air conditioning.
Oopps yep sorry your right didn't look at the year.
metlaic paint wans't though I'm use the CD player became standard spec about 04 plate I think.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
OPTIONAL- Air Conditioning
STANDARD - Alloys Wheels - they are arenault wheels though.
STANDARD - cd player
OPTIONAL (most have it as said above in black)- metallic paint
OPTIONAL- electronic climate control
STANDARD- remote central looking
STANDARD- sports seats

also standard is front fogs, rear spoiler, cars after 04 plate (i think) are colour coded, heated mirrors, auto lights and wipers and a trip computer

edde, CD player became standard on the Expression about 04, think they were always standard on the dynamique were they not? vbmenu_register("postmenu_1296567", true);

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Martin_89 said:
also standard is front fogs, rear spoiler, cars after 04 plate (i think) are colour coded, heated mirrors, auto lights and wipers and a trip computer

have u seen the colourcoding renault do, its awful. they just spray over the bumper material and it leave a horrible looking finish the car. i noticed it on the extremes in red and light blue. such a shame.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sunroof was standard yep, Dynamique+ was electric model (think i recall yours is a dyna+ harry?) hardly any of them going about, expression+ was the electric sunroof model too

EDIT: yep my mums extreme is terrible, its not a shiney finish thats left, worst in red or blue though, looks terrible. seen a black dynamique and it was ok though!

Trip computer, heated mirrors auto lights and wipers are standard on all ages.
Cd player was an option only becase stock later on, by Jan 04 there were definatly standard on the Dynamic.
Sunroofs standard (unfortunatly) electic became an option later on by Jan 04 it was an option in there cool pack range.
The Dynamic plus was only avaialibel in the 1.4 16v and dci 80 and above spec cars. The 1.2 and dci 65 never came in dynamic plus spec. Dynamic plus spec includes and alarm.

Ok thanks a lot. Just if i go for this car my insurance company i might go with (directline) will only insure me if the alloys are standard which they are.

Out of interest, what does this trip computer do?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
tells you your average speed, MPG, miles worth of petrol left in your tank and cant remember what else lol

yep standard alloys are fine for insurance, and if its a Phase 3 which came in in 2004 with the 172 style alloys in 15" they look good! (see my avitar <----)

Yep wicked!

Now about price, it has all the stuff mentioned in my first post, its a 3 door 04 plate clio 1.2 16v dynamique, petrol, it has about 22k miles but it is in pretty good condition - what is it approx worth? Buying from a garage.

Yeah its around 6k. I'm not sure what to do i really like the look of it and all the features etc but think it might be a bit too much for first car. Spoken to directline and got a quote for 1600 with pass plus 0 ncb as i just passed a couple of months ago.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id say if you can afford it, go for it because you still have a years warranty left on it if anything goes wrong.

Im going to be in the same boat as you, when i pass, 17 with 0 ncb. have you tried adding your mum or dad onto the policy too as a named driver, that brings the price down quite a bit for me.

At a dealer you looking at about 6.5k.
However in a years time it will be worth about 4k so that a big hit realy.
To give you and idea they paid about £4.5k for it.
Have a look on autotrader there 05 plate cars with under 10k for £5995.
Even Renault delaers are selling them 54 reg with under 10k for £7k

edde said:
Oopps yep sorry your right didn't look at the year.
metlaic paint wans't though I'm use the CD player became standard spec about 04 plate I think.

Had a CD player on my Dynamique and that was an 03 plate, I didn't pay for any extras.

Golf GTI 1.8T
jimjam said:
Yeah its around 6k. I'm not sure what to do i really like the look of it and all the features etc but think it might be a bit too much for first car. Spoken to directline and got a quote for 1600 with pass plus 0 ncb as i just passed a couple of months ago.

Try tesco, paid £1466 on mine at 18 with pass plus, they are crap for mods though so dont go with them if you have any plans for your motor!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
mines a 01 and i have air con and a cd player all as standard.

for insurance have a look at quinn direct as i found them the cheapest by a couple hundred quid and it was my first car aswell.

if you dont want to spend as much go for a older model mines a 01 had 16000 miles on the clock totally imaculate and cost 4.5k, compared to what was around at the time i got a real good deal.

Dynamique 1.2 16V
I'm in a similar situation with you jimjam. I'm going to pass my test tomorrow, and I'm also buying the 1.2 16V Dynamique.

As for insurance, I've not found a single insurance company that offers TPFT for a car over £5000 in value, so unless you do find one, you'll probably have to have Comprehensive.

Burbler
I ordered my Dynamique to collect on the day of my driving test, passed as planned and drove it home, well chuffed! It was brand new, 54 plate, metallic flame red, only 9 delivery miles, its got digital fuel and temp gauges on mine, don't know when they brought this in? pretty sure it doesn't have heated mirrors though. Havn't had a single problem with it, only thing was brought an induction kit and relocation pipe for it a couple of months after getting it and found that thay had also changed the throttle body layout on my one, so its pointing toward the passenger side as apposed to forwards.

Love the car, hate the £1900 fully comp insurance @ 18

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Flamered12 said:
I ordered my Dynamique to collect on the day of my driving test, passed as planned and drove it home, well chuffed! It was brand new, 54 plate, metallic flame red, only 9 delivery miles, its got digital fuel and temp gauges on mine, don't know when they brought this in? pretty sure it doesn't have heated mirrors though. Havn't had a single problem with it, only thing was brought an induction kit and relocation pipe for it a couple of months after getting it and found that thay had also changed the throttle body layout on my one, so its pointing toward the passenger side as apposed to forwards.

Love the car, hate the £1900 fully comp insurance @ 18

You do have heated mirrors mate, even the expressions have them, they come on when you put the heated rear window on.

The digital dials and new inlet manifold/throttle body came in mid 2004 when the Phase 3 was released (different front bumper, Grill, dials & inlet manifold)