ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E30 lovers

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mint. for 13k I'd want it to be MOT ready tho! good luck gettin that for it. but yeah, noice

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Cup, DC2, E500
I've had a few E30's now including an E30 M3 for 5 and a bit years. My brother has also had a few, including an E30 M3 Sport Evolution.

In fact he still has a Sebring Grey one of 250 Motorsport Convertible manual.

Very rare car, he keeps putting it on ebay then pulling it as he can't bare to part. It has done literally 100 miles in about 2 years!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 cup
For the condition of it I think 10-13k is a fair price, the m3 engine conversion is also a plus
let's face it kept in that condition it won't deprecate

im sure I will be corrected by people wanting to pay 4k though !

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 cup
Not a massive fan of the E30's much prefer the E36's. Owned an E30 M3 years ago and they're the most over rated car I've ever owned/driven.
Russ

So some have said, but based on looks I think there stunning, and I'm sure I could make 350bhp rwd fun :)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  R14 CUP
Thsts the only regret on my part, I sold mine for £6k 6 years ago! Doh!
russ
Yours looks a lot cleaner than the one I went to buy. That will be worth best part of £20k now :(

Can't see me being ever to be in the financial position to buy one again.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Cup, DC2, E500
What didn't you like about it Russ?

I had mine for over 5 years and restored it, like I do every car.

I miss it, and I will never be able to own it again. BUT I was tired of it, and it needed a garage.

They aren't that quick and to be honest, apart from the fact they are genuine racers I didn't think they were that special either. Mind you, it lived an easy life away from the limit of its capabilities so I never really knew what it was capable of!

BUT I must say with hand on heart that my Integra DC2 Type R (second one I've had) simply blows the E30 M3 away in literally every field. In fact, I'll list it;

- B18C6 V's S14 - no question, no doubt, the Honda engine is legendary. It's more durable, pulls harder and sounds significantly better. Plus its tuneable without breaking the bank, and it will do higher miles
- Handling - E30 M3 was good (mine was on Bilstein B8's with Eibachs) but the Integra is in another league. My ITR is ruined with my set up, but the factory car is simply unreal at what it can do
- Steering feel - Integra wins hands down for me, its almost surreal how this thing turns in and the feedback you get from it
- Brakes - ITR is simply brilliant with its standard brakes. Mine now has HEL lines, Stoptech fluid and Tarox F2000 discs with Tarox Strada pads all round and is sublime
- Fit and finish - About the same here I think, BMW quality higher but even after 158000 and rock hard suspension my Integra still doesn't have a single rattle or squeek. BMW plastic is however significantly better.
- Feel good factor - For me this is close, however the ITR just makes me feel special every time I take it for a drive (must be the supreme Recaros). With the BMW I was always worried someone would crash into it or follow me home to see where she sleeps...
- Looks - Without doubt, the M3 wins here. As much as I LOVE the ITR, there is something breathtakingly stunning about a black E30 M3 with EVO 2 spoilers on BBS split rims (yes, I still miss it). And of course the fact that its the most successful touring car in history helps!

Would I have another? Yes, in a heartbeat. So if you do sell yours I'd also be interested.....

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Cup, DC2, E500
Alright chap nope not had a DC5. I really don't fancy the whole import thing on them as I'm a little fussy on history. Yes my E30 M3 was also imported from Germany but at least it had the original German logbook (1 seriously old owner from 1988 until import to the first UK owner in 2001) and the original service book with legible stamps. The JDM stuff seem to loose their books and history, plus its Japanese and you wouldn't understand it anyhow!

Russ mate my car owes me a ridiculous amount of money. In fact, I just took delivery from Spoon UK of their 'change rod' shift mechanism to compliment my Energy Suspension shifter bushings, Buddyclub short shift and heavyweight Skunk2 gearknob. The shift should be mind bending...Oh, and did I mention the Spoon interior mirror? LOL

Good low mileage UK ITR's still change hands for 7K. Problem is with mine the mileage! 158K, 1 previous owner, full Honda service history, all bills/MOT's from new, over £22K of my own restoration receipts, two paintjobs and just about everything else replaced BUT its still on 158K. It has been on Mobil 1 0W40 since day 1 and I kid you not even with my mileage it still does NOT take even 1mm of oil in between servicing (I change oil every 2K anyhow).

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic car. Truly.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Love E30s. Though I do keep thinking about selling it its done 0 miles in 3.5 years now!

Lol at the parada tyres being "only the best" though!!

Last edited: