ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E86 Z4 3.0 Si

As the Skoda has now gone I may as well start a thread on its replacement.

2007 E86 Z4, 3.0 Si N52 engine, manual, 85k miles or so, black leather and FSH. Pretty basic spec but had xenon’s which was a must for me.

Bought it back in Nov but haven’t really put too many miles on yet as I rarely use my car these days.

Looked for a while, torn between the Z4M and 3.0, ultimately the non M made more sense for me though I still find myself yearning for a S54 with carbon airbox.

IMG_6259.jpeg

Few little bits to tidy up straight away, replacing the horrible aerial and manky centre caps.

IMG_6331.jpeg

IMG_6216.jpeg

I also got 4x matching tyres as it had 3 brands of varying depths, so got MPS5 all round for a reasonable price.

IMG_6334.jpeg

No major plans other than to enjoy it, though I am tempted by a LSD and refreshing the susp with bilsteins, not sure if it’s worth the cost. There’s also the ever burning question of CSL reps, or possibly Arc8s in 18” as I think 19”s can look a little large…

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Looks good! Keep some contingency money for the electric water pump as they are prone to failure, which my dad found out in his a few years back.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As the Skoda has now gone I may as well start a thread on its replacement.

2007 E86 Z4, 3.0 Si N52 engine, manual, 85k miles or so, black leather and FSH. Pretty basic spec but had xenon’s which was a must for me.

Bought it back in Nov but haven’t really put too many miles on yet as I rarely use my car these days.

Looked for a while, torn between the Z4M and 3.0, ultimately the non M made more sense for me though I still find myself yearning for a S54 with carbon airbox.

View attachment 1681523

Few little bits to tidy up straight away, replacing the horrible aerial and manky centre caps.

View attachment 1681524

View attachment 1681526

I also got 4x matching tyres as it had 3 brands of varying depths, so got MPS5 all round for a reasonable price.

View attachment 1681525

No major plans other than to enjoy it, though I am tempted by a LSD and refreshing the susp with bilsteins, not sure if it’s worth the cost. There’s also the ever burning question of CSL reps, or possibly Arc8s in 18” as I think 19”s can look a little large…
Z4M wheels as luke says. Look incredible on non M’s as the offset is actually better.

Great car though.. I’m a big fan of z4c’s

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Great buy. Great engine. Great great

I'd never have a coupe despite them looking so much better than the roadster. For me the fast convertible bit was the selling point.

Nothing like blasting past some poor c**t with the roof down. Probably what started off my turbo receding hairline when I think about it.
I s**t you not, I only actually started losing my hair once I bought my z4 convertible 😂

I might actually buy a coupe as a stop gap when I move back. I always wanted one and they’re reasonable now.

Peggy924

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Lovely car Jack. But I am a bit biased. I managed to find a 40,000 mile example last March. In Stratus grey, it pops when the sun is out. So it sits proudly alongside my daily 182.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wanted one of these for the longest time, then had a passenger ride in one and something in the seats digs into my thighs and was super uncomfortable. Was gutted.

Peggy924

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not the most comfortable seats ever, I will give you that, a bit more padding in the squab might help. With thigh support fully in, they're not too bad. The seats look absolutely fantastic though, being the M sport seats. The sound of the engine, and the look of the car, makes up for it though.

Water pump and thermostat replaced along with the coolant.

But now it’s running perfectly, what else is there to do?

You guessed it! Put it up for sale and buy my dream car - an E92 M3 comp…

IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0287.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg

I’ve only done about 1,500 miles or so since I got it back in October, and with plans for house move and family in the near future, a 2 door just isn’t going to work. For whatever reason the better half isn’t against me selling up and getting the M3 so I’m not giving her a chance to see sense and will be putting this up for sale in the week.

Shame as it’s a beautiful car, but I think I enjoy looking at it more than I enjoy driving it.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
For a ‘small’ car they don’t actually feel that nimble. I can’t put my finger on what it is. More of a GT type car I reckon