ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earthing Ideas Please

I start work on my install next week - however im having problems locating an earth for my amp. The amp will be hidden in the boot under a false floor.

I know loads of you peeps have false floors / amps in your boot - can you tell me what you used to earth it with? i was thinking of using the rear seatbelt screw - but its far too big. Dont fancy drilling into the fuel tank either

Suggestions anyone?

Clio II and Grand Modus

the fuel tank are under the back seats so if you drill in the boot floor you dont hit anything. What about the bagage hooks they have a bolt fixed in the boot?

Quote: Originally posted by Michael on 01 August 2003

What about the bagage hooks they have a bolt fixed in the boot?

This is a Phase 2 16v m8 - think your talking about the new shape clio? 16v didnt have any bagage hooks.

clio 20v

the spares under the boot floor the reserve tank is on the right of the boot an the exhaust heat shield is on the left

so anywhere in the middle as long as u drop the spare is fine jus clean up area to bare metal an use a bolt with shake-proof washers on

adi

silver valver/hybrid

put this on someone elses post with the same question, i use the bolts on the boot catch!

should be 2 holes in the boot already, just with plugs in, find a bolt that will fit and u have a nice earthing point. sorted. just remember to sand off the paint so a gd connection is made.