ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ebay performance upgrades?

Monaco RS Clio 172
hi

has anyone else ever come across anything like this on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15BHP-Power-M...083554889QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350083554889

surely this is a rip off and if used will do damage in the long run?!

there is loads of crap on ebay for 5 quid, 10 quid, 15 quid, claiming to add 10 bhp. I found an induction kit claimed to be better than a viper for 15 quid + 10 quid postage.

this particular "piggy back" plug in 15bhp instant gain surely does damage?

does anybody know of this sort of thing or had any experience?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
How about helping?

benmore, none of these things will improve performance, and some are very likly to damage your car.

How about helping?

benmore, none of these things will improve performance, and some are very likly to damage your car.

Ok dokes.

They are the most pointless things in the world, they dop sod all, except make morons believe their car is genuinely 15BHP faster because of some 2p resistor.

Monaco RS Clio 172
lol sorry.. was probably a very stupid question.

this induction kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-RENAULT-C...241463890QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130241463890

the man is trying to convince me it is the next best thing since sliced bread.

I am not an idiot I know I seem it by even asking. I just wondered how these piggy back thingies work that is all.. what their idea is.

I am contemplating buying this (most likely):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130237704708

along with a full magnex exhaust system, this should sound really nice. I don't generally cane my car everywhere but when I do put my toe down a nice sound would be great. I hate monster loud exhaust systems tho for general day to day use. very irritating.

has anyone ever used one of these? (the k&n I mean)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The first Induction Kit could be loud (you may want that) but will most definatly lose you power, the second one les so, but still a little loss of power.

Unfortunatly with Clios you have to spend money to get performance increases!

Astra van,Mk1 nova
yeah great piece of kit, cheap considering and looks good also :cool:

S5032384.jpg

Monaco RS Clio 172
it's not a question of money. I just have no idea what is best for the clio. hence me asking. :p

I am not after huge performance increases for peanuts. I know the score on that front. I just want a decent air intake and exhaust system.

I saw a simota intake too.. but the problem is these people tell me it is great.

I don't want to lose power. I'd rather not bother spending 200 notes on it if it will. that kit in that pic is gorgeous.. where did you get it and for how much lol

and your engine cover is lovely :p