ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay Scam Help

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Sinclair C5
A friend of mine has a focus on ebay and autotrader. He received this email from a potential buyer, I personally think it jumps out as a scam due to the bad English, overseas location, willing to pay over the asking price etc.

The thing is i'm not sure how it is a scam, ideas anyone?

P.S. the car is advertised at 5,500.

Dear Shaun,

I am interested in purchasing this vehicle ,it suits my requirements perfectly,I run two garages ,one in Dublin and the other in Barcelona, i shuffle most of my time between the two .
THESE ARE MY TERMS OF TRANSACTION:

1) I AM OKAY WITH THE STATED PRICE OF £5,800.

2) I WILL BE PAYING WITH A BANKER'S DRAFT / CHEQUE WHICH I WILL ALLOW TO CLEAR BEFORE THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT OF THE CAR.

3) I WILL INCLUDE FEES FOR SHIPMENT IN PAYMENT, THIS MY SHIPPING AGENCY WILL USE FOR PICK-UP.

The excess funds will go towards covering costs for shipping,shippers fees,insurance,tax and any other expenses that might be incurred getting it down to the new owner.

I will want you to get in touch with the following details if my terms are okay:

FULL NAME......................
ADDRESS........................
TELEPHONE NUMBER..............

As soon as i have your details,i can have payment effected immediately,all things being equal,we should have this wrapped up by the end of this week.

Pls note that you'll have to send on the balance on the funds that you'll get to my shipper so he can come attend to the pick up as soon as you make the car ready.

I beleive that most transaction are based on trust,so i will look forward to a succesful transaction with you.

Best Regards,
pls feel free to contact me on 0703 *** ****

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Lotus Elise 111R
Seen this before, his draft is fake, but only after 5-6 days in the banking system, you "send the excess" to the shippers and your car. End result is that you have paid him to take your car, and the draft is useless. By the time you realise that, you have given them £300 and your car.

Some lovely people around.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  GOLF GT TDI
this is the one i got:
---------
Hello seller,

I am GLAD MORE by name
I saw your advert while surfing via the internet and am willing and interested to buy it from
you.
Get back to me via my email if it is still available for sale.
Are you the owner???
What are the conditions(Any accident)
send its recent pictures if available.
What is your last price???

I am paying you with certified Cashier Cheque that will cleared in your bank account in 2 to3 days..

Any amount that is above your asking price on the check will be sent back to the shipping agent that will come to your location to pick up the item
If you are okay with this conditions i want you to fill in the following information of sending you the cheque.

NAME.....................

ADDRESS...................

POSTAL CODE....................

STATE.....................

CITY................

COUNTRY......................

TEL NUMBER...........

LAST OFFER..........

I will ensure that you recieve payment atleast in 4 working days.

As regards the pick up, as soon as you con firm to me that the cheque
is cleared in your account, i will inform my shipper to come for the pick! up immediatelty.

I want you to know that any profit i make from this transaction is what i use to earn a living.

Delete the advert from where you placed it on internet cause my client
is ready to pay and consider it sold to my client.

I look forward to read from you soonest.

Best Regards

--------------------and--------------------​

i realy want to know if this add still on for sale ( Modified Renault Clio (2000) - £3,300 ono ) if that asking price is your last price and if i can also view more pic of it.so that i can let you know how much am intersted on it...? Contercy Detalis.....

Namne:Ganuf
Phone : ******
mail address: *****
Thanks

(o and yes the spelling mistakes were in the Email not by me)
------

i have had loads of these coming through

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Cup
I remember a friend getting something similar, the guy wanted to buy the car for 12 grand but also add another 4 grand to the bankers draft for some odd reason. My friend recognised the scam and led him on, the guy even started claiming his child had been run over and that he was praying to almighty God that Dave would soon have the bankers draft sorted out!

Some hilarity involved and after a couple of weeks my friend reported him.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just play with them if you can be arsed! Send them an email back either shouting at them, or lead them on to the last minute then f**k them off. Waste their time!!!

This SCAM is otherwise know as the 419 scam link below. Its well worth taking time to have alook at it...

http://www.419eater.com/