ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU problems

hi all, i have a y reg 1.2 clio and im having a nightmare with it.
when i start the car the revs are pulsing like its going to stall and then it revs itself to stop itself stalling, it does this over and over.
i can drive it, but at a very slow speed.

i have two garages look at it, and its been on the computer etc..., one garage didnt know what was wrong, and the other said that it kept on giving out lots of throttle problems codes.

now ive had a mobile guy look at it, and within 2 mins on the computer he said it was the ecu and that its a common problem.
but surely the other garages would have pickied up on this. can someone help me as they have quoted £250 to fix it. and i dont want to be ripped off.
many thanks

Check the spark plugs and throttle body but sound like its the ecu wiring problem its due to the location the ecu is the wires wear on the cover.

The fix is a new /fixed loom.

Try the relays as well though.