ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach sportline springs

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Im thinking about getting eibach sportline springs but im not sure what the ride will be like. They have a 45mm drop which i thinks perfect for my car but i need to make sure its a pretty comfy ride too for my job. If someone has a set on their car (pref the same as mine) any chance of your opinions? Thanks guys

Burgandy 174 sport t
can u get sportlines for the 1.2?
I had them on my 172 and thought they were great and wont lower 45mm if thats what is on the box

1.2 16v Dynamique.
can u get sportlines for the 1.2?
I had them on my 172 and thought they were great and wont lower 45mm if thats what is on the box
On the k-tec web site they say 'when fitted to the clio 2 models (exept 172/cup)' They do an eibach 'pro' for the 172/cup though.

VW ....
Yup looked at Motorsportworld.co.uk also & they have sportlines for a 1.2 ,great springs ,they probably will drop your car about 45mm with it being a non-RS ,best spring IMO for handling without compromising comfort ,u will not be dissappointed.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Yup looked at Motorsportworld.co.uk also & they have sportlines for a 1.2 ,great springs ,they probably will drop your car about 45mm with it being a non-RS ,best spring IMO for handling without compromising comfort ,u will not be dissappointed.

cli0 172 has given me a ride before and I have to agree everytime it feels really comfy ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol dont care, id just love to have a car that doesnt look like its on stilts and is semi comfy 2

VW ....
^sportlines are the lowest you can get ... do a search for Eibach ... always get good reports ... maybe worth the change

Audi TT 3.2 V6
may look into getting some then, was thinking of going the coilover route, but might just get some new shocks (again..did buy some konis but never fitted them and sold them on) and eibach sportline springs. not keen on the pro lines...heard they are more a go spring than a show spring lol

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Well it sounds these Eibach sportline springs are the ones for me. Not too low and still gives a good ride. Will get some before/after pics on when I get round to getting some. Thanks again guys!

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Just seen these eibach sportline springs on europerformance.co.uk for £75 (very cheap I think) but they say as it lowers the car by 45-50mm at the front and 30mm at the rear your are supposed to use shortened shocks. What do you reckon? If this is the case then I will just go for the 40mm drop Apex ones for £60 as they say standard shocks are fine with these. cheers

BMW M3
His reasoning for saying "nooooo!" lol, is that although APEX looks the business, the ride is pants. Just too hard for most peoples taste.

Ive got The sportlines and their spot on. Not too harsh at all and an even drop for me.

VW ....
you do have a point re shocks ,having an RS & being lower as standard putting Sportlines on isn't as much of a drop as yours will encounter with having a 1.2 so i don't wanna say 100% they will be ok .... would be better with someone else answering this that has more knowledge than I on that one .

Fred or Edde are prob best on that .

& yea re Apex as Justin says .

Audi TT 3.2 V6
how much better are the eibachs likely to be over spax 60mm?
Currently on spax 60mm and stock shocks, considering upgrade to koni yellow shocks and eibachsportline springs...am i likely to notice a vast improvement in handling and ride quality?