ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach sportlines fitted....not much ride height change!

53' 172 Cup
i fitted my springs yesterday and was expecting at least a 30mm drop all round (it says up to 50mm on the front!) but the fronts are only about 20mm lower and the rears look the same. wots going on? do they go down after a while or something?

Clio MK 4
i thought they lowered 35 mm

I want to lower my 172 on sportlines around 40mm but alot of people say here is much difference. so annoying. why cant eibach make a range of springs which lower different hieghts

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Very little, the 35-40mm is quoted for a normal clio, not the sports. Have a search, I put some pics up ages ago of my 182 before and after eibachs.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
IMGP1014.jpg

IMGP1187.jpg

Before is the top one. They did tighten the handling up a treat, and the difference is subtle, but I liked it.

I think you only get bout 25mil max on cup and cup packed car's !

I'm very happy with mine , just filled out the arches a bit, give's it a better stance on the road !

I think Apex do big drop springs.

leon

ST
They will drop to around 25-30mm with mileage...best spring around..

Dont go near apex if you value your cars handling..

If you want to go low and keep the car handling get H&R coilovers..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Haven't got the car now, but the do settle after about 4 weeks. Better handling without screwing the ride. Apex go lower, but not a progressive spring, so ride is rock hard. Parked mine next to a standard, does look a lot more purposeful.

LY V6 with Recaros
I noticed the drop quite alot in mine. Obviously it doesn't look slammed, but it certainly made a noticable difference.

I just got eibach sporlines on mine, im happy with how it handles but i must admit it looks like its sitting lower on the front kinda pointing downwards i hope the back drops a bit more.

a thirsty one
yeah they
will drop a little further after a few miles once settled also as its a cup and weighs less than the sport wont get quite as much.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
i fitted my springs yesterday and was expecting at least a 30mm drop all round (it says up to 50mm on the front!) but the fronts are only about 20mm lower and the rears look the same. wots going on? do they go down after a while or something?

Snap! Put mine on Sportlines last night and like you i didn't notice much change.
I had Prolines on anyway so i measured the heights before and after.
The front dropped 10mm (so its now about 20/25mm lower overall from the standard setup) and the rear has barely changed but obviously there is some settling to come.

Pure fact of the matter is that the Cups don't sit very heavily on their springs anyway, hence why they look high on the standard springs compared to a FF.
Take the aircon system and leather interior out of a FF and it will probably sit the same height as a 172 Cup.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
yer like said the drop is not great, but you can see it! takes a while to drop fully, get some fat mates in the back and go for a drive to speed the drop up a bit;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The 172 Cup is the only RS Clio that doesn't drop as much as the others on Sportlines.
Don't get me wrong....it drops alright, but its not as obvious as it is when you put Sportlines on a FF 172/182 with or without Cup packs.

I put them on Deb's 182 which is Cup packed and it easily dropped it a good 30/40mm, compared to my 172 Cup which has only dropped about 20mm.
The difference in weight really does influence the droppage.

The handling is still improved though so it all depends on what floats your boat. Handling or the drop.
If you have a FF you'll get both.

clio 182
so has anybody come to a coclusion on this matter?im just getting confused at reading every1s point of view.i have a standard 182 not with cup suspension and am looking to lower it on eibachs! could someone give some advice in favour of pro's or sportlines please.looking more for the drop as mine sits bout 10mm higher that the cup anyway.
cheers guys

so has anybody come to a coclusion on this matter?im just getting confused at reading every1s point of view.i have a standard 182 not with cup suspension and am looking to lower it on eibachs! could someone give some advice in favour of pro's or sportlines please.looking more for the drop as mine sits bout 10mm higher that the cup anyway.
cheers guys

Sportlines for the drop, and it will handle better as you have a non cupped 182!

Prolines handle slightly better , but drop very very little

leon

This has been done to death on here... so much so im going to point you in the direction of the search facility.

There you will find all the informatioon you need, as well as plenty of pictures.

Ph1
This has been done to death on here... so much so im going to point you in the direction of the search facility.

There you will find all the informatioon you need, as well as plenty of pictures.

I thought this was a bumped up topic when i first read it :eek:

Apex arnt that hard a ride. Think it all depends on your sexuality tho :rasp:

Clio 182
The RS's are already low compared to the standard Clio. Thats why you won't notice much of a drop when you fit them. Sportlines, Prolines arn't specific for the Renaultsport. Thats why on the box they are quoted to having up to 40mm drop or whatever is because that is what you would get of you fitted them to a STANDARD car.
This topic has been done to death!!
I've just had Sportlines fitted and could'nt be happier. If you want to go low and still have decent handling then coilovers are the way to go! For me the Sportlines were a compramise between a bit of a drop, cost and handling. I just could'nt stretch to coillovers, however those ones in the for sale sectioon are tempting me every day!

Megane
any pics of these before and after on a regular clio mk2 ph2? considering an investment lool