ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Springs..do they really lower the car?

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
im happy with all the great feeback everyones giving them(performance,confort wise). only seen it on a feel clio but it really doesnt seem like its drop the height by 30-50mm, looks like it doesnt really drop it no more then 15mm by the few photos seen on here. just nice to get a set of springs that would close the gap between the tyre and the arche.

I had the pro's, dropped the car a small amount, now have apex and I find these impractical for me.

Have Eibach Sportlines on order...

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
yes the pro's are meant to be the ones that drop the ride hight not as much as the sportlines, hate to see how much they lower the car when the sportlines ones hardly lower it. to be fair tho it may just of been a bad photos. (hoping)

The sportlines lower the car a lot more than the pros mate.

Handling with the latter was great though - i miss em

VW ....
the reason they state drops of 30-50mm is because that is for standard clio's .RS's as you will know have already been dropped ,hence when eibach's are on the drop is less .Pro's aren't so noticable,sportlines are .

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
the reason they state drops of 30-50mm is because that is for standard clio's .RS's as you will know have already been dropped ,hence when eibach's are on the drop is less .Pro's aren't so noticable,sportlines are .

ooOOo get you...I love it when you speak technical..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i had the pro's on mine, i think it actually raised the rear of mine slightly, but they were fekkin awsome imo :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Pros dropped mine slightly, but they feel 10x better than standard, althoug I replaced the dampers at the same time so that might have something to do with it.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
anyone got pictures of there cars lowered?

recently seen fubars but couldnt really see alot of diffence in ride height by like i said before could be because of the way the photo was taken.

its clean enough... lol

sportlines_2.1.jpg

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
well its cleaner then mine at the moment, as 12 hours total on the motorway driving has changed the colour of mine,alloys are near on black and the car is two tone black/silver, looks good tho the rally look, cant really judge from that angle how much differnce the springs have made. il keep a eye out for your car if you get any new photos :D

the sportlines have raised the car approx 10mm over the old apex.

its about 30mm lower than the standard springs. But i dont care much about that, it handes soooooo well! :approve:

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
the sportlines have raised the car approx 10mm over the old apex.

its about 30mm lower than the standard springs. But i dont care much about that, it handes soooooo well! :approve:

**.....trying hard..... to resist getting.... card out..... to buy now dammit***

how you find fitting them mate? good fit? how long it take ya?

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Pro's for go, Sportlines for show.

Well said that man !

Ive tried them all apex=harsh ride and are just piss poor !
sportline= much improved ride with good drop
pros=little drop but excellent ride car feels very planted
h&rs=fantastic !!!! worth every penny.

**.....trying hard..... to resist getting.... card out..... to buy now dammit***

how you find fitting them mate? good fit? how long it take ya?

i have the mechanical knowlege of a monkey, however its a 70 mile round trip to Rentech, so i tried them myself.

I was amazed how easy it was to be honest. I allowed myself 4 hours which is what it took, and i found it nice and straightforward.

i even wrote a guide on my website www.fubarnet.com

:)

Tangoed Works
Backs will be easy, fronts will take longer as you will need to remove whole strut to replace the springs. You thinking of doing it yourself? If you are give me a shout and Ill pop over to help!

172 cup
fitted the pros last week, raised the rear about 10mm lowered the front about the same but they will probably settle more.
the gap over the wheels looks a lot more even, im very happy that i have got rid of that huge disrepancy.
havnt noticed the ride deteriating that much but it seems to understeer a lot more BUT the car seems a lot more composed (only done 1 commute since)
it doesnt feel like the rear end is hovering behind you anymore.

id definately recomend.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
cheers jay,

think il go with the sportlines as i would rather the gap close and the handling to improve a tiny bit.