ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Buffers/Polishers

Storm Grey 200
Hi, my car is covered in swirls and scratches that havent gone through the paint, although some have but thats another story. Getting these out is a complete b**ch and i seem to be getting no where. Can anyone recomend a cheap handheld electric polisher that would be ok for getting the scratches out? Also can you use scratch-x with a polisher or is there a milder polish that you recommend?

ph1 172 Black
Blue one is cheaper and not much difference.

Just get a 5" backing plate and some Megs pads (about £10.99 off ebay)

Be carefull with rotary if you don't know what your doing. Visit detailworld.co.uk for advice or see Rich.

106 GTi
Polishes wise I would look into Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finish or the Poorboys SSR range.

I would practice on some panels first if you go down the Rotary route as shifting the defects on your black car will be the easy bit, finishing down by rotary to a hologram free finish by one on Black as your first attempt will be the hard bit.

ph1 172 Black
Your will need the 5" backing plate for the Megs pads.

They are on ebay and cheaper than the pads. All depends on how far you wanna go but check detailingworld.co.uk. Search for Silverline.

The pads that come with it are ok but then again I thought it was ok to wax with a old terry bedsheet till I brought Megs pads (by hand of course.)

Storm Grey 200
ahh, hmmm i've been reading, perhaps i will just wait till the summer save some cash and buy a PC as ive never done anything like this and they are easy to use, apparantly.