ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Window - *BANG* and the control was gone.

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
I wound my window up a moment ago when something inside went bang and now it's a bit loose and won't go up, only down. I can still here the motor moving so that should be ok. Its a Ph1 172. I'm gonna take the door apart at the weekend to fix it, but does anyone know what part is likely to have gone, and does anyone know the best way of getting into the door card?

Cheers.

80MPG BEEZA
you wound the window bit the motor is still moving? is it manaul or electric windows? could be the window motor or maybe the part that moves the glass

Audi A4
It will be the plastic clip guaranteed, happened to myself, GSF for the best price don't go to renault

visualize whirled pe
sounds like something on the regulator has broken!

Yep happened to me, NOT cheap to fix, the wire was all buckled and twisted and clips snapped so it couldn't be saved.

About £200 or there abouts at a garage other than renault. The motor is part of the regulator system so it all has to be replaced even when the motor works ok!

J

Jim NM

I have fixed loads of window regulators on Peugeots and Renaults, The tracks wear and the window comes off. also the windows on a peugeot are fixed with a plastic fixing through a rubber grommet which is located with a spring type clip (totally crap design) The Renault 5 and Clio has two screws through the glass which is a far better design. GSF suplly window regulators complete with the track. Better to buy a new one than mess with one that keeps breaking. Believe me it's the best thing to do.

Paying a garage to do this is mad! IMO, as it is a job well within anyone's capabilities if you have average common sense.
Don't part with your hard earned cash, have a go.

Mercedes C Class Sport
if its the motor pick them up from a scrappy, i doubt the motors are diff to normal clios

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
Cheers for all the advice. I'll have the door card off this weekend. Is it just the screws at the bottom and the one near the handle? Looks like a call to GSF too.

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
Oh, the motor still moves, just doesn't drive the window now so it sound like the clip thing. Maybe a fixer, maybe a replace. I'll have a look.

Cheers

53 Clio's & counting
Bet the regs broke,happened the same on my ph1 mate i bought a new reg with motor from ecp for 65 quid and took me 40 mins to fit start to finish. easy :)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I had the same propblem at the start of the year, it is the runner mechanism. Cost me over £200 to get fixed too. I was told its made of plastic and when it gets hot it gets brittle and in the end just snaps.