ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric window problem!

?
Only picked up my new car about 4 hours ago but its got a really annoying fault that i failed to notice somehow in the test drive.

The drivers electric window is not smooth and makes a strange sound. Its like the motor is rattling / not fixed in place and when driving the drivers door makes terrible rattling sounds (from inside the doorcard)

What should i do? Im thinking of just taking the doorcard out and investigating myself before i take any further steps. Anyone have any advise on how to remove the doorcard?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Something might just be loose, or the the mechanism might not be in great shape. They sometimes come up on here for fairly cheap if you need to replace it. Hard to say without looking / hearing it tbh. If you don't mind taking the doorcard off it's probably the quickest way to find out.

?
Phoned up the garage i bought it from... they say its covered under their 6 month warranty so i should just bring it down monday and hopefully they can sort it!

visualize whirled pe
Does it sound like grit? If so try not to use the window untill you can get the prob sorted out.

I dont want to alarm you, it's probably something simple but seeing as they are going to sort it out anyway, if it is the regulator you dont want to get to work and end up with a window that won't come back up! This happened to my RSi......in the rain.

?
Its not grit as the sound comes from inside the mechanism at a specific point every time...

I think ive figured out what it is as it wasnt there when i test drove it.

Basically when i test drove it i noticed the actual door pull was loose on the drivers side so i mentioned it to the garage and they said they will fix it before i pick it up. I rekon they took off the entire door card to fix the latch from the inside and somehow managed to mislodge / damage the window mechanism in the process. A quick inspection of the door makes me think this is the most likely cause as the door pillar looks like it has been removed and not refitted properly (one of the clip in points is broken!)

Oh well, they will sort it out on monday :D

visualize whirled pe
No actual grit :) the sound 'sounds' like grit trapped in the mechanism.

I thought 'hmm there must be some grit in that there window, next time it got wound up 'BANG'
Even if this isnt the problem with your car anyone doing a search on here... if it sounds like grit is trapped it's the wound wire that runs around the regulator (it looks like a guitar's bass string) getting tangled up and snapping all the cheap plastic clips which maintain tension in the wire.

?
Update - Opened up the door frame after i got my belts changed yesterday. To my suprise the motor wasnt attached to the door! Had to get some nuts and reattach it myself. Anyway... jobs a goodun now the windows work perfectly and my cars quiet :) :) :)