ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical fault after dash out.

clio 182 +cp+ 205bhp
in need of help, please. ive stripped the dash out of my clio 182 as im trying to get it like the cup racing cars but im struggling with the wiring everywhere and now upon turning ignition on the service light come on and the immobiliser light flashes on and off. other things also keep coming on and off ie lights . theres also a black box under the fuse carrier in passenger footwell that makes a racket when lights going on and off like a relay struggling to switch. im worried ive f+#ked it big time . another problem is that when i switched the window wipers on by accident the black box went mad and started everything flashing again? really confused as havent stressed any cables i only wanted the dash out :( . also does anyone know how to remove the heater unit asto pullout the rest of the sound deadening ? if anyone can make sense of this and my message!lol:S please let me know what i need tobe looking for/at.

clio 182 +cp+ 205bhp
any1 a auto electrician as ive no idea where to start , im thinking its a broken wire as the indicator sets the immobiliser light off and the locking button now slightly operates the window wipers then dash lights go on and off , need help urgently as need car up running for trackdays . if anyone lives in the leicester area let me know if you know what to do , i will pay (tea and biscuits!)

clio 182 +cp+ 205bhp
dont worry people i think ive found the source of the problem ,i think its the UCH as thats where all the noise is coming from and after spending sometime searching i found some info and fix so fingers crossed itll be sorted.

clio 182 +cp+ 205bhp
blimey that was close , im such an idiot have read up alot on electrical faults and found that if an earth lead is off it can cause problems so checked car when i got home . i found that the earth cables werent situated very well i.e one of them wasnt even connected !. renewed the cables to a better termination and hey presto it is alive again ! what an arse . nearly cost me a trip to renault , thank god for this forum youve saved me again.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Good to hear... As I said in the mail this morning, most so called "UCH Faults" are actually wiring faults and not UCH related ;)

Mick